SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa, Just saw this on the Heico site... i wonder how much will this cost.... i know the e.motion is already at $2200 and the existing exhaust is already at $2000. boy... but does it look flipping fantastic and it does come with an unpainted rear skirt... i think i am more excited that there is an additional "button" to press. haha, any input?

http://www.heicosportiv.de/mainframe.asp?lang=en&e1=635

"The new e.motion® Performance Kit combines the tuning of the e.motion® ECU with an fully redeveloped, flap-controlled, 4-pipe exhaust system (pre- and end-muffler) and the celebrated HEICO SPORTIV rear skirt. An illuminated stainless steel pushbutton allows the driver to choose between two driving modes.
1. In “Drive Mode”, the illuminated pushbutton is green, signaling that only the tuning to 243 kW (330 hp) and 480 Nm is enabled.
2. As soon as the pushbutton is pressed, it changes to blue, signaling “High Performance Mode”. The end-muffler flap control is activated and the accelerator’s characteristics are accentu-ated making the T6’s responsiveness even more spontaneous. The characteristic of the tuning are also accentuated, distinctly bringing the increased power and torque to the fore. A technically further developed variant of the proven e.motion® ECU makes the complex interaction of all the compo-nents possible."

Details
The e.motion® Performance Kit includes:

- power enhancement kit e.motion®ECU T6
- four pipe exhaust system with flap controll
- pre muffler
- rear skirt (unpainted)
- controll system incl. illuminated pushbutton

·
Registered
12 Posts
As long as they can modify the skirt to accommodate my trailer hitch, I'm sold!!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trailer hitch... carry that 2003 GTV6? :-D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
just found out they don't make this for R-design spec engines :(

Also, the e.motion kit is pretty expensive!! I may just go with the rear valence + exhaust

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
>> the accelerator’s characteristics are accentu-ated making the T6’s responsiveness even more spontaneous.

I really don't like this sort of thing. My S60 T6 does this (or did, see below). So you learn how the car drives over
time and then the throttle characteristics are changed for "high performance mode". So now
controlling the throttle (and the car) through a turn is different then what you have learned
and it is actually harder to drive fast (and you don't get any more power, you just get it
earlier in the throttle position which is not really helpful).

I wonder what professional drivers think of these? I'd think a car that responds consistently
is always better. I will say I like it when the performance mode changes the transmission
shift characteristics (typically from one designed for fuel efficiency to one more suited for
spirited driving); but I prefer my throttle response to not change.

One thing: I added the Polestar tune and the difference in the throttle mapping between
sport and regular mode is very small compared to the stock Volvo tuning where the
difference was very great. It might be that the two modes are both now more "sporty" but at
least they are much more consistent.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
>> the accelerator’s characteristics are accentu-ated making the T6’s responsiveness even more spontaneous.

I really don't like this sort of thing. My S60 T6 does this (or did, see below). So you learn how the car drives over
time and then the throttle characteristics are changed for "high performance mode". So now
controlling the throttle (and the car) through a turn is different then what you have learned
and it is actually harder to drive fast (and you don't get any more power, you just get it
earlier in the throttle position which is not really helpful).

I wonder what professional drivers think of these? I'd think a car that responds consistently
is always better. I will say I like it when the performance mode changes the transmission
shift characteristics (typically from one designed for fuel efficiency to one more suited for
spirited driving); but I prefer my throttle response to not change.

One thing: I added the Polestar tune and the difference in the throttle mapping between
sport and regular mode is very small compared to the stock Volvo tuning where the
difference was very great. It might be that the two modes are both now more "sporty" but at
least they are much more consistent.

Yea but krn you have to think about what you're actually "doing".....getting that e.motion kit is basically a tune. Yes there are tunes that also like you make things more refined, but the original meaning was basically to wring out every drop of performance you could.

Also, i think the heico translation is a bit off haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts