Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Heico C70 (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

I still think it is a photoshop. How the heck they have already gotten their hands on a C70N?

Yannis

I don't think so, Heico works together with Volvo Germany, you can buy Heico products with the Volvo dealers in Germany.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (BenES)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »

I don't think so, Heico works together with Volvo Germany, you can buy Heico products with the Volvo dealers in Germany.

I understand all that but I am still doubting that Heico has already bought a C70. But I could also be wrong.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

I understand all that but I am still doubting that Heico has already bought a C70. But I could also be wrong.

Yannis

If you search on the name that's mentionned on the door you find that this Volvo-dealer is connected to Heico in some way...
I still think this car is real...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BenES »

If you search on the name that's mentionned on the door you find that this Volvo-dealer is connected to Heico in some way...
I still think this car is real...

I know that the Heico owner/president is a large Volvo retailer, in Germany...but still...

Yannis

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

But still what?
You should be getting yours any day, so why couldn't they have had one a week or two ago (in Europe), ESPECIALLY with their obvious connections?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

I like the stace & lines of the car (espaecially a little lower & the larger wheels certainly fill out the wells) - but it is missing something in front... maybe a front spoiler or better cosmetics so the chin doesnt look so stubby...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
But still what?
You should be getting yours any day, so why couldn't they have had one a week or two ago (in Europe), ESPECIALLY with their obvious connections?

That picture was taken a lot longer than one ortwo weeks ago.

I am not saying that it is impossible but I find it hard to believe.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

If you look at the other pictures they are all on the same surface in front of the Heico offices.

Also, they just had to put on some S40 springs and put the wheels on, takes just a few hours.

I'm sure they are real, there was some time ago a photoshop on their site of the new S80 with the dark volution wheels, there you could really see it was a photoshop (I think it was even mentionned).

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (asthenia)

Quote, originally posted by asthenia »
I bet those steamrollers will help out with the torque steer.

I dont think the new c70s will have to worry about "torque steer"

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (GShyneDM)

Quote, originally posted by GShyneDM »

I dont think the new c70s will have to worry about "torque steer"

Having driven the car, I agree.
Very little torque steer.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (VolvoMax)

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »
Having driven the car, I agree. Very little torque steer.

Actully, I didn't notice any torque steer at all.

4 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (T5_awd)

To clarify any doubts the community might have- these images are not photoshopped. They are pictures of an actual C70, taken in front of HEICO SPORTIV's offices at the end of March. HS is owned by the Hedtke fasmily, which owns three dealerships near Frankfurt, Germany. The HS facilty is located in two buldings on the same property as the main Autohaus Hedtke Volvo dealership, which allows them great access not only to new cars, but to official Volvo service and parts information and updates available exclusively to dealers.

The car in the images posted was one of several demonstrators provided to Autohaus Hedtke for a special Volvo customer VIP event hosted at the dealership. Upon getting the demos, HEICO's technicians immediately put it on a lift and poured over it to see what parts can be used from their current P1-X program and to see what changes might be required for wheel and tire packages.

We are planning an extensive product range for the C70 and will be announcing details soon- but for now, HEICO SPORTIV has 18", 19" and 20" wheels and sport suspension options ready to go.

Jeff Cadavid
HEICO SPORTIV North America

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Heico C70 ([email protected] SPORTIV NA)

Jeff - Nice post and thanks for the clarification! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Hopefully Volvo will bump up the HP & Heico will come out with an improved front fascia/spoiler so I can pick one up next summer when my R lease is done!

4 Posts
Re: Heico C70 (bschurr)

bschurr- We are going to be working hard on a complete program for the C70 and hope to have production parts ready as soon as possible. Front and rear spoilers are already being designed, and of course there will be a HEICO style grille. The performance and suspension offerings will be an extension of the program we already have for the S40/V50. Beyond this we have a bunch of ideas for other new products for the C70 which we willbe evaluating over the next few months. We are excited about this vehicle because it is perfectly suited for the US market and it provides a great platform to apply HEICO's "teutonic" tuning philosophy to what is certainly Volvo's image leading car.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts