SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Heico and IPD Suspension Questions (Opinions Wanted)

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  midospike 
#1 ·
So I just picked up an XC90 T6 and am considering suspension choices. I like the look of the Heico kit (the lowering of 30mm seems good, and replacing shocks seems a smart if not cheap idea). So here's my thought for my preferred setup....

Heico Shocks/Springs
IPD Swaybars

If you've done either, can you tell me about the change it made in your XC? Specifically on the Heico setup, would you say it's factory aggressive or plain harsh. I'm looking for the former as this car is mainly my wife's ride as it's the baby car.

#2 ·
Re: Heico and IPD Suspension Questions (George@Swedespeed)

we have a new xc90 w/ third row and it is primarily driven by my wife so I wanted something that had better corner handling, less lean so I went with the following set-up
- eibach springs (2" drop approx)
- replaced the rear self leveling shocks with stock shocks
- ipd sway bars front and back (a couple of mm thicker than stock)

Overall I am happy with the setup and handles more like the v70 2.5t we replaced with the xc90. I drive the car harder than she does and can easilyu tell the difference on on-ramps/offramps. Road ride is good, not harsh (I know harsh from my ricer and modified vintage porsche). The rear camber is more like a bmw x5 now but within limits. I am going to put some spacers on the rear wheels as visually they look narrower to the body line than the front.

I'll try to post pics if you want, just havent taken any yet.

- tj

#3 ·
Re: Heico and IPD Suspension Questions (teejxc90)

Pics, pics PICS!!!

Thanks in advance,

Tim

#6 ·

Those pictures make it look a little too low for my taste. It looks lower than others that I've seen - though maybe it's just the smaller wheels that are making it look that way.

Good, however, that the perf is improved! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#7 ·
Re: Heico and IPD Suspension Questions (Thomas)

Nice, is that a Remus exhaust?

Tim

#8 ·
Re: Heico and IPD Suspension Questions (t6tim)

yes - that is a remus sport exhaust, a very very queit one, but the chrome tips are much nicer than stock or stick-ons

I had the work done in Saratoga, Performance Techniques (408-370-2610) - ask for Dave. They did a great job with everything, a true volvo shop. labor and alignment was a little more than $1k, that included installing the muffler. Parts were direct from IPD at cost.

the side step might be overkill now that it is lowered but my 7 yr old really appreciates it, plus i think it makes the vehicle look lower to the ground than it actually is

- tj

#12 ·
Re: (teejxc90)

Thanks. I placed an order in March? for the IPD Remus muffler, but was told later that day that the last unit was purchased earlier that day. They also indicated that they do not intend to restock. I guess they couldn't sell them at the original price.

#13 ·
I dont think it is a price thing, more of a "sound" thing. There is a very slight change in the exhaust note, hardly noticeable in fact. I was thinking of swapping it out again for something with a little more rasp but then I went and bought an additional car for me (a sedan) so when I need to haul the family I'll use that car -- and it is has all the HP and sound I need.

#14 ·

Hello,
I was looking into also lowing my xc90. I have a 2006 with the v8. Where did you order your replacement shocks? What other parts where need to lower the truck? I am also looking into aftermarket rims.. maybe 19's and 265's. Any help would be great. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.