SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a popping sound in the dash when ever I first start warming the car up in the morning. It only happens when the heat is on , I suspect it is something explanding in the heating system. I can hold the speaker grille down and it mostly stops the popping but still it is in front of the instrument panel.<p>I have had it to the dealer at least twice and still have the problem. I did not notice it until , I had the car stop on me and they had to replace part of the electronic/ computer system or something(?). I think they had the part of the dash out when they worked on it.<p>Any thoughts.<p>ron

·
Registered
487 Posts
The speaker grill sits on the dash using 'clips' along the edges but does not actually touch anything below it. Below the grill is the bracket/basket that holds the center speaker - if you have that option - that bracket is held down by 5 screws. Below that are two oval pipes that bring the air up to the dash vents, but even if you were able to push down on the bracket/basket, it is far away from the pipes that they would not touch.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Pinstripe)

thks, I will mention this to the dealer.<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts