SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So my wife and I just picked up a 2018 XC60 T5 AWD with 32k on it in Denim Blue Metallic with Ebony leather. Inscription, convenience, vision, luxury seat, and advanced packages, with B&W. Absolutely love it so far, and got a killer deal!

I do have a question, ours has the heated wipers option and I noticed the wiper hose going up the arm to the sprayer on both was wrapped with black cloth tape that was coming unwrapped, so I removed it from both sides. Any idea why this would've been done? I'm assuming it's not factory. A Volvo dealership replaced the blades 2k miles ago. It also looks like a clip is missing on the a to hold the hose in? Am I missing a clip and should the hose and 2 wires be concealed in a sheathing or shrink wrap of some type?

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is factory. They are wrapped to fit snugly in the arms. The wipers should have clips that slide over the hose to keep it in place also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Well I removed the cloth tape because it was faded and unraveling, definitely shocked that this was factory. There was around a 2" piece of tape loose that wouldn't stick back to itself. I have 2 clips on the passenger side and only one on the driver side? Looks like maybe one is missing on the driver side?

So should I re-tape these with black cloth tape? I'm surprised they didn't use the sheathing that runs up to the base of the wiper where the tape starts.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 PE
67 Posts
2021 models also use a fabric wrap. I doubt this is standard fabric tape. May want to look up the part for more details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried but having a hard time finding the parts breakdown for the setup with heaters, I have only been able to find the wiper parts diagram without heaters so far.

Yeah if this was factory, they dropped the ball on this one. Doesn't match the fit and finish and quality I see everywhere else. It was a nasty, sticky melted mess

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some more searching for fabric wrap and found another thread on here, searched tape before with no luck. Looks like it is factory and a pretty poor design because it's not UV stable and fades bad. Here is a photo from that thread. Wonder if there is a better solution out there?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have tried but having a hard time finding the parts breakdown for the setup with heaters, I have only been able to find the wiper parts diagram without heaters so far.

Yeah if this was factory, they dropped the ball on this one. Doesn't match the fit and finish and quality I see everywhere else. It was a nasty, sticky melted mess
Check McMaster for the tape.

Reactions: BigGib

·
Registered
224 Posts

Its just normal wire harness tape. Not the best choice on volvos part.

·
Registered
2020, XC60
2 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts