SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I activated the heated seats and steering wheel in my 2017 XC-90 while the outside temperature was 16C (man cold). The seats heated up like normal but the steering wheel did not. Does the heated steering wheel only function during cold temperatures? We have a Toyota Highlander and the heated steering wheel works all year on that vehicle.

I bought the car used and I've only had it for a few months. I love the car, but have had a number glitchy issues with it and I'd like to know if this is another issue or normal.

Thanks,

·
Registered
895 Posts
Doesn’t seem like it is normal
Heated steering should have worked

It’s works 24/7/365

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
It is not normal. Would you, by any chance, have mistakenly turned the steering wheel heater at it's lowest setting (single bar) and hence hardly felt the warmth? Just something to check for before heading to the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the reply and confirming my suspicion. Back to the dealer it goes!! I’ll keep you posted on results.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There may be a setting for that...and settings are person (key) dependant.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It should work under any circumstances.
But the heating is not... how should I put it... "extreme"? On a warm day, it might not be immediately noticeable. On a cold winter day, it makes a huge difference...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts