SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know... I know... this was discussed and I read a bunch of threads, but did not get the answer really.
I have this originally-from-Texas car with no heated seats.
I also got a hold of front seats with heat and of the climate control unit with heated seats switches.
Will this be plug-and-play or do I need a nudge from the friendly dealer for this setup to work?
Say, do I need software update, etc?

thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Pretty sure you need software for a P2 car

·
Registered
339 Posts
You'll need a trip to the dealer to turn the function on/install software.

My '07 S60 came with cloth, no heat seats. Bought a pair of clean leather seats with heat and the CCM with heat controls from the same donor vehicle, and it did not work.

I have a vida/dice setup and was unable to turn this option on myself with the dice unit, and dice keeps telling me that I have no heat in the seats, even with the replaced leather/heated seats installed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, that's what i thought.
one more question. my car is 2003 and the climate control unit comes from 2001. will that work in my car?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
managed to put in the pair of 01 T5 seats into my 03 base. No heat, of course, so I need to get that programmed. Tinkered with putting 01 CCM into 03 CCM, not sure if that worked, but managed to get SRS Urgent message. Thanks to VIDA cleared that up and it's all good now with good old 03 CCM ;)
At the end of the day the passenger seat got power, but the driver's seat works only a brief moment once in a while after starting a car, but then does not altogether.
here are the codes that I read with VIDA:

CEM-1A54 communication with psm control module signal missing
PSM-0038 incorrect software
psm-e003 configuration faul faulty configuration

from incorrect software if think i would need to go see dealer, just maybe, since I also could try to use my old 03 PSM from a power driver's seat.

Any ideas, guys, if i'm on the right track to figure that out?

Also what software do I need to activate heated function? Anyone knows the part number?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok, the power is back on consistently now to the LH front seat after I put my old controle module in.
only thing left is to get is programming for seatheaters, which looks like I need to have software downloaded onto a car.

85 8651382 Seatheater 32-38c appl To add software for seat heater temp. 32° - 38°C (89.6° - 100.4°F). SW V70 (00-08), 2003
Frontseat padding, panels -2004,Sand/Beige=CODE XX5X, Gray=CODE XX7X, Oak=CODE XX8X. L.H.
85 8651385 Seatheater 28-35c appl To add software for seat heater temp. 28° - 35°C (82.4° - 95.0°F). SW V70 (00-08), 2003
Frontseat padding, panels -2004,Sand/Beige=CODE XX5X, Gray=CODE XX7X, Oak=CODE XX8X. L.H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts