SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My mom about to buy 2017 s60 inscription platinum cpo with 25k miles. It has every option except heated seats and heated steering wheel.does anyone know if its possible to add those options or only after market ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello everyone. My mom about to buy 2017 s60 inscription platinum cpo with 25k miles. It has every option except heated seats and heated steering wheel.does anyone know if its possible to add those options or only after market ?
Most likely, the option you see missing is referring to the rear heated seats. I am almost positive heated front seats were standard on Inscription trims. I am not sure if the heated steering wheel could be added, and if so it would probably be much more expensive than worth having due to them having to add the steering wheel, additional wiring, add the button to activate the feature, and all the necessary programming. Same situation for the rear seats. If heated seats in the rear is in fact what you are looking to have, aftermarket would by far be the more economical option and could be done. Not so with the steering wheel though, that's definitely an OEM required kinda thing.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm alomst sure I've seen this brought up in other threads.
I believe it is possible to add heated seats and steering wheel but it's not going to be simple. It will involve software changes in addition to the hardware.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Most likely, the option you see missing is referring to the rear heated seats. I am almost positive heated front seats were standard on Inscription trims. I am not sure if the heated steering wheel could be added, and if so it would probably be much more expensive than worth having due to them having to add the steering wheel, additional wiring, add the button to activate the feature, and all the necessary programming. Same situation for the rear seats. If heated seats in the rear is in fact what you are looking to have, aftermarket would by far be the more economical option and could be done. Not so with the steering wheel though, that's definitely an OEM required kinda thing.
Based on this 2017 S60 brochure, heated front seats are optional on all trim levels, and available as part of the Climate package on Inscription and RD trim levels.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the car dont have any heated seats . gobluetwo is correct it is optional and this car came from Florida thats why they dont have it. I guess after market it is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The car is from California and now lives in PA. I asked the dealer if the heated seat can be retrofitted. They said you need to purchase an entire new seat assembly. Maybe when these cars start showing up in scrapyards, I will make the change.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the same boat. The car is from California and now lives in PA. I asked the dealer if the heated seat can be retrofitted. They said you need to purchase an entire new seat assembly. Maybe when these cars start showing up in scrapyards, I will make the change.
yep same here i am sure its possible but you need to center counsel switches and i think i saw option in Vdash about turn heated seats on or off.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yep same here i am sure its possible but you need to center counsel switches and i think i saw option in Vdash about turn heated seats on or off.
Both the rear and front heated seats can be added, CEM is updated through VDASH. I have retrofit the oem setup for the rear seats on my 2012 S60, I already had heated front seats. You do NOT have to buy the entire rear seat. Its easier and about the same amount of money if you buy it used as a complete bench seat, but not required.

For the rear seat you need the heated seat pads, heating thermostats (one for each side) the switch in the rear console and the rear console trim molding. Installation for the rear pads are about 2 hours. The rear button about 30-45 minutes. VDASH activation cost I believe $125. Buy new heating pads and used theromstats that have the software already installed. 100% of the wiring is already installed in the car, just covered in tape and buried under the door trim.

Steering wheel on 2014+ can also be added, though, I cannot confirm that VDASH can activate it. I have not see this option, but that does not mean it does not exist. I am fairly sure that you can activate it at the dealer since volvo has accessory instructions available on their website. Its fairly straight forward from what I saw.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you "PM " will research more on steering wheel but will put aftermarket front heated seats since no time for research and winter is coming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts