SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my XC60 new in January of this year and since delivery the heated seats have not worked. They could be described as luke warm at best and sometimes don't do anything at all. I've taken an infrared thermometer and they seem to change temperature by about 5-10 degrees.(85-90) The highest temperature I've recorded was 90 degrees after 30 minutes compared to our Mercedes GLE that reached 115 after 5 minutes.

How warm do your seats get?? The SPA XC90 and P3 S60 Dynamic I've had as loaners all had seats that got hot quickly. I've taken my car in 2 different times for this issue, and last time was told that they were now "piping hot" and working as designed. I am dropping it off again tomorrow for the 10k service and plan on having them look at it again.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Mine get warm in about 3 minutes, toasty in about 6 minutes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gets real toasty at Max (3 bar) setting in about 5 mins.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My wife has hers on all fall, winter, and spring and it gets too hot for me on low. It takes at the most two to three minuets to get warm.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it in today, the service advisor said she wasn't sure what was done when she called to say it was ready. When I got there she told me that they turned the settings up (They've said they have done this 3 times). The work order said "Could Not Duplicate Customer Concern. Working Properly". After driving it an hour after picking it up the seats were at 85 degrees being on high the whole time. Something isn't working right.... They don't seem to care or be willing to help.

The 2019 XC60 loaner I had was very warm and heated up quick.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a setting which can be changed in VIDA/DICE which increase/decrease the temperature of the seats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased my XC60 new in January of this year and since delivery the heated seats have not worked. They could be described as luke warm at best and sometimes don't do anything at all. I've taken an infrared thermometer and they seem to change temperature by about 5-10 degrees.(85-90) The highest temperature I've recorded was 90 degrees after 30 minutes compared to our Mercedes GLE that reached 115 after 5 minutes.

How warm do your seats get?? The SPA XC90 and P3 S60 Dynamic I've had as loaners all had seats that got hot quickly. I've taken my car in 2 different times for this issue, and last time was told that they were now "piping hot" and working as designed. I am dropping it off again tomorrow for the 10k service and plan on having them look at it again.
This is EXACTLY the issue I found today with my Certified 2017 XC60. I accidentally turned my seat heater on and never noticed. Tonight I checked all 4 heated seats and there is almost no heat from any of them on their hottest settings after letting them warm up for quite a while. My sister's 2017 XC90 gets hot. My wife's 2013 and 2019 seats get VERY hot. Even my 2005 Nissan 350z seats get very hot.

Before I take it in (I bought it a week ago and already had to take it back because the alignment was way off), I was wondering if the outdoor temperature has anything to do with this. I read about the feature to have your car automatically heat your seats when the temperature is 50 degrees Fahrenheit or below. So I'm wondering whether the outdoor temperature in the 80s would restrict the heating. Any idea?

I'll read the thread now... Probably should have before I posted. LOL.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dealer claimed that the seats don't heat up if it's over a certain temperature, but they couldn't tell me what that temperature was. We had a night where it was 50 degrees and on high, the seats got luke warm at best (front and back). I checked with Volvo and they said the seats should manually turn on at any temperature and that the only temperature related feature was to have the driver's seat turn on when I remote start at below 50 degrees.

Made an appointment with the Volvo dealer and showed them what Volvo said. I take it in on June 30 and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'd appreciate any information about how to solve the problem that I can pass along to the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dealer said that the temps were turned down in the computer so they turned them up. I'll see how it does in the fall. Plenty of warranty left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts