SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read that the heated seat can have adjustments made making hotter at the dealer. Possible/thoughts. Ours is warm but would like hotter if possible!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I believe that you can do it with VIDA/DICE too.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
As a newbie, I am not familiar with Vida/dice.
VIDA/DiCE are the aftermarket software and code reader for Volvos. A must have for those of us with more than one Volvo. It’s saved me thousands over the years. Lots of information about this in the OBD, CANBUS & Engine Management subforum under the Technical and FAQs forum.

I wouldn’t rush out and get it just for this, though. It only takes a minute to do. Post where you’re at; there may be someone near you who is willing to do this for you with theirs. (I’d be happy to if you happen to be near me in VA.)

BD

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VIDA/DiCE are the aftermarket software and code reader for Volvos. A must have for those of us with more than one Volvo. It’s saved me thousands over the years. Lots of information about this in the OBD, CANBUS & Engine Management subforum under the Technical and FAQs forum.

I wouldn’t rush out and get it just for this, though. It only takes a minute to do. Post where you’re at; there may be someone near you who is willing to do this for you with theirs. (I’d be happy to if you happen to be near me in VA.)

BD
Thanks 88domer. Son lives in Alexandria Va. so that is the closest I'd get to you. I'm currently in Canfield Ohio which is about 65 miles from Pittsburgh and 65 miles from Cleveland if anyone is close and could help with this.

Must be able to be done as you earlier indicated. I just received a call from the service department of Bobby Rahal Volvo in Pittsburgh. They say they can increase the temp by 3* using 1 hour of service time at $123 per hour. What would the temp normally be? Trying to get a feel for what % increase a 3* increase is. Is one hour really required or is your comment about only taking a minute realistic? $123 seems steep. Guess that is why my trust in dealerships is shaky!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
248 Posts
query on PC's for VIDA

BD
I'm a Mac guy and do not work on the dark side too often. But I do have a copy of Windows 10. Would any cheap pc laptop do for this? I am aware of all the subscription schemes for VIDA. I guess I need the VIDA module. They have those on Amazon, right? I really do need to get into VIDA but this is the only obstacle for me. Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just made an appointment for Byer's Volvo in Columbus, Ohio for Sept 6th. Say 1/2 hour of time. Will post results when available.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm a Mac guy and do not work on the dark side too often. But I do have a copy of Windows 10. Would any cheap pc laptop do for this? I am aware of all the subscription schemes for VIDA. I guess I need the VIDA module. They have those on Amazon, right? I really do need to get into VIDA but this is the only obstacle for me. Thanks
I’m a bit of a Luddite so don’t want to venture too much into providing advice on this; I’m sure if you post the question in the OBD forum I mentioned above that plenty of folks will give you the right answer (but it’s likely already been addressed). Start here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?481385-VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link

I think you can run it on a Mac as a virtual machine with Windows 10 but not positive. I have an old laptop solely for VIDA running Windows 7 Pro, which is what everyone said was required a few years back.

Yes, you can get both the VIDA software (I believe 2014D is still the most current legitimate version we can get without a subscription with Volvo — I think roxanaschram still offers that on the forum) and the DiCE unit on eBay or Amazon. Just make sure you get the right DiCE and not the cheap clones that won’t work. There’s a lot of discussion about that in the OBD forum/link above.

BD

1998 S70 GL, 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P* (1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60. 2.5T FWD RIP)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just made an appointment for Byer's Volvo in Columbus, Ohio for Sept 6th. Say 1/2 hour of time. Will post results when available.
Glad they realized they could do it! Yeah, 30 minutes should be plenty of time if they’ve never serviced your car before. I’m sure their current software and hardware setup is newer/faster than what we have in shade tree land, but the longest part is getting the system booted up and recognizing which car it’s diagnosing. Once you get into the seat heater settings, it’s literally seconds to change. Maybe someone nearby with VIDA/DiCE will pipe up in the interim and save you the appointment!

There’s another thread on this very issue somewhere on the forum, but I can’t find it now. This one’s entertaining but not as useful: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...d-seats-hotter-in-VIDA-No-software-required!=

BD

1998 S70 GL, 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P* (1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60. 2.5T FWD RIP)

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I have posted earlier Byers Volvo in Columbus was the only one of 5 Volvo dealers that had any idea what I was talking about in raising the heated seats temperature. Went today and the Good news and the bad news of the day. They went trough the mechanics of registering the car with them as they had never seen the car and off they went. Service Teck came back shortly and said it would be just a few minutes more as they were going to wash it inside and out. Asked if I could pay the bill while it was getting washed. Was amazed at how much it cost????? NOTHING—NO COST-NADA! TALK ABOUT GOOD WILL. Gave the two folks involved just enough cash to have a couple of beers after work. treated as well as I have ever been at a dealership.

Temperature increase has made my navigator one happy gal!

bad news is I snapped the cord on the top . Do I take it to the dealer or a body shop or a upholstery shop?

·
Registered
948 Posts
bad news is I snapped the cord on the top . Do I take it to the dealer or a body shop or a upholstery shop?
Glad they did you a solid with the adjustment! Sounds like a promising long term relationship with that dealer!

Don’t know if you saw this thread before, but have a look and see if it helps you any: Headlining/convertible top repair question
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...peed.com/showthread.php?t=533609&share_type=t

BD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts