SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:<p>Long time lurker but first time poster. By following your threads I've been able to figure out a lot of things (thanks!) but this one is new to me, and haven't been able to find it via a search- could really use your help.<p>My 2004 S60's passenger side mirror glass is completely black and burnt looking. The housing itself is unscathed. At first i thought it was vandalism, but it is perfectly evenly black and everything else is untouched. The mirror still adjusts via switch, so the motor seems ok.<p>Any ideas what happened?? My theory is somehow the heated mirror got triggered and fried itself, which is scary because the car hadn't been driven for 24hrs. The car does not have autodim mirrors if that makes any difference.<p>I looked at the list of fuses but could not find one for heated or power mirrors, so have pulled the one for the heated rear window for the meantime.<p>Thanks in advance for any help- I'm quite freaked out that this could have been much more serious, so any ideas/theories are appreciated. By the way, this is sadly not an R car, but posted here given the traffic and the fact the I believe the mirror/electric systems are the same. Thanks!<br>

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Seems like the mirror is delaminating....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

I wondered that myself-would be a relief if that's all it is! Would it be possible for it to de-laminate that fast though, i.e. turn completely black in 24 hrs? I had just used the mirror the day before to parallel park during the day, and it was fine. <p>Also, forgot to mention that the mirror surface has some very fine crazing/cracking/checking and your fingers turn black if you touch the surface. Weird eh?<p><br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by 2004s60 at 3:06 AM 4-29-2009</i>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts