SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have in the past had leaks from sunroof due to the drai being blocked by debri. It seems like water has gone somewhere else becasue the driver side carpet has been wet forever and i can hear water spalshing around under the car. Is there a drain plug for that or where do i find the water location? I figured i might have to drill some holes to let the water flow out but not suyre where to begin.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: Hear water sitting somewhere under the SUV due to rain and sunroof (ajusaf)

<p>Begin by uncloging the drains for the sun roof, then pulling the carpet up so it will dry. There is<br>no plug and I would avoid drilling holes that would start a rust point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DMD thanks I had already started doing that and sure enough there is a plug uder the floor but you have to hit it with a screw driver tot ake it off permanent but under the car in that same metal pug has a rubber plug so once i drain it i will plug it up from the bottom of the car. I just drained the water out and kept the carpet lifted and closed all the windows and doors so the heat can dry it up. i noticed the nipple for the sun roof drainage system was mostly clogged again even though i cut most of it of last time so this wouldn't happen again. I guess it depends how much rain is coming down and how clogged up that plug is. we had lots of rain here in Miami for the last two weeks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: (ajusaf)

<p>If you can you should pull the carpet out so it will not mold. You will never get rid of that smell<br>if they mold.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re: Hear water sitting somewhere under the SUV due to rain and sunroof (ajusaf)

We had this issue a couple of times before I realized it was a plugged drain. Be sure to pull the carpets out and let them dry out in the open. Otherwise you will have an odor problem as was previously mentioned. <p>To clean out the drain plugs and modify the drains so this does not happen again, do a search on this forum. An excellent post on this topic a while back.<p>Here's the post: <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=102526" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=102526</A><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by kaitsu at 6:13 PM 6-12-2009</i>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts