SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my S40 is in the shop, they gave me a XC90 loaner. While I was trying to check out the 3rd row seats, I lifted up the headrest. As there was no car manual, I have no clue how to push it down so I can fold those damn chairs. Would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where is the button that folds down the 3rd row seat headrest. Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Headrest Noob Question (hsuboy)

The headrests automaticly fold down when put down the back of the seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Headrest Noob Question (david)

I've tried to pull it down. It's in a locked position. For the right side of the 3rd row since the headrest was not pulled out, it was able to go down. Wish they would have put a manual in the car. Can anyone else help me with this problem? Thanks<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by hsuboy at 9:47 PM 5-12-2006</i>

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re: Headrest Noob Question (hsuboy)

Here's the process...<br>- release the seat bottom by pulling the release handle at the outboard front edge of the seat.<br>- slide seat bottom back under floor (make sure it's all the way back and clicks into place, else the seat back won't fold forward).<br>- fold seatback forward<br>- headrest will flop down automatically once seatback is halfway down.<br>- make sure second row seat is moved forward; even when the 3rd row headrest is folded it still has a little trouble clearing the back of the second row.<p>Hope this helps...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Headrest Noob Question (Thomas)

Thanks, figured it out. The reason it was locked was that the seat cushion did not slide all the way through. Ok, I'll make sure not to open it up again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts