SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custom rear seat cover for my s60, but my dog has a tendency to jump up and get to the headrests. Does anyone know of a cover or bonnet for the three rear headrests to keep him from clawing them? I don't believe they can be removed because of the option for them to flip down? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hate to sound like Martha Stewart, :eek: but I know these will work: toaster covers (usually made from fabric, sometimes plastic coated) or shower caps (vinyl with an elastic band around the opening). Fortunately, you should be able to find either in a plain style - unless you'd prefer flowered headrests. ;)

If your dog is pretty aggressive (or has a different design aesthetic), go to a home improvement store and buy a few feet of clear vinyl carpet runner; it usually comes in 3- or 4-foot widths. Be sure to get the kind that has short "spikes" on the back for gripping the carpet. Then cut strips of the vinyl wide enough to cover the headrests, wrap the strips around the headrests and secure them with duct tape on the back. Make sure the spikes are facing out; when your dog tries to claw the headrest, he'll discover he doesn't like the feel of the spikes and leave anything covered with them alone. (The spikes will not hurt the dog!)

BTW, this trick also works if you have a cat or dog that likes to jump up on a chair or the kitchen counter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting suggestions. I knew someone would have an idea or two. Where would one get toaster covers? Thank You......
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts