SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any choices for repairing or replacing the headlight lenses on the standard halogen style lights on the 06 S60? My lenses are fogging up and I've buffed them out about every month for the last year and the plastic lenses continue to degrade. It looks like the EST lenses only fit on lights with glass lenses, so I'm wondering if there is any choice other than new headlamp assemblies ??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Unfortunately no. 05+ s60 headlights are sonic welded and is impossible to remove the lens.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick response. I'll do some hunting around for a replacement lights...

Any suggested sources appreciated. I would like to avoid a low quality replacement that is going to scratch or fog up in few years....

Looks like Rock Auto has replacement headlight assemblies for under $185 by TYC. Anyone with any experience with this manufacturer or product? (Off to search some more....)

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
put some lamin-x film on the new ones and they should stand up pretty well to rocks/UV light

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I looked a little closer at my headlamps and noticed they were Valeo brand and did have clips holding the lens out but also seemed to be glued or sealed together. Any chance these are replacement lights from another vendor or year that could have the lens swapped out?

Note the clips at the upper edge of the headlamp assembly....

After doing some additional searching, it looks like my headlamps are toast!! They don't come apart and replacement headlight assemblies are the only choice...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hmm. I believe valeo is an oem brand. I havent really payed that much attention to my headlamps. Not sure if you are interested in upgrading to oem projector headlamps but those will costs a ton of money but will look really good and better lighting obviously. Or u can go with EST projectors but im not a fan of the leds in them. To each his own really.

Anyways, if your headlamps now are completely toast its probably a good idea to experiment with it and try opening them up since you are buying a new set anyways. Ive always wanted to retrofit a projector on mine.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I looked a little closer at my headlamps and noticed they were Valeo brand and did have clips holding the lens out but also seemed to be glued or sealed together. Any chance these are replacement lights from another vendor or year that could have the lens swapped out?
All the aftermarket ones are assembled the same way too - sonic welded. Both the DEPO and the TYC ones are like this. Just put some sort of UV sheild or paint protection film on the new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts