SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving for work in the dark on Friday and was warming the car up. I turned on the headlights which stayed on for approx. 2 minutes then went off. I checked the fuses which appear ok. Any thoughts where I should start?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
The headlights are not fused. I would suspect the high/low beam foot switch, or the connector on the left near the radiator support. A switch failure is also possible, although I haven't seen that in a 122.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights are not fused. I would suspect the high/low beam foot switch, or the connector on the left near the radiator support. A switch failure is also possible, although I haven't seen that in a 122.
You are a God Phil! I must have stepped on the dimmer switch half way. One press with my foot and all was well!

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
You are a God Phil! I must have stepped on the dimmer switch half way. One press with my foot and all was well!
Maybe.

The foor dimmer switch is notorious for causing intermittent failure of the headlights.

Consider pulling the switch and cleaning up everything plus be certain those three tiny set screws are holding the conducting wires in place.

Another option is to install a headlight relay from a 140/240 and rewire the dipper switch to allow the stalk on the steering column to operate the headlights ala the non-USA version Amazon.

George Dill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts