SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had factory HID lights and they have been acting weird lately, so I thought I would see if anybody else had a similar problem. I will be driving down the road and one of the headlights will randomly go out. I will turn the lights off and back on and they will work fine. Sometimes I hit a bump and they go out so I checked to make sure everything is plugged in and they are. I even went so far as to put a piece of electrical tape over the plug to make sure it's not loose. It's becoming more frequent and really starting to piss me off!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking, I just wanted a second opinion before I dropped the $$ on them. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had this same issue, my one headlight would flick out, sometimes I would go months with it being fine.
Before dropping money on a ballast, switch the bulbs around to see if your problem follows that bulb.
When I pulled both bulbs out and sat them side by side. i noticed they were different, and the one had the side part cracked something like this:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey, I can almost bet you with certainty that it's your bulbs. Same thing happened to me for a while and then i bought new bulbs.. problem went away..
I believe I read somewhere that as the bulbs get older they draw more power and they break the circuit that doesn't reset itself until the lights are turned off then back on.

I saw other swedespeed members getting their bulbs here:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bulb-Replacements-Pair

So i ordered myself a couple pairs... FOR $15/each (What a friggin steal) ... and the first pair is still working great to this day.
I bought one 8000k pair and one 6000k pair.. right now running the 8000k and really pleased with the way it looks. Not too blue, but still very stylish.

Good luck!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ooo very nice! 18 month warranty!
The link you posted is not the one he needs for the factory xenons..
They do however sell the replacements (D2S) for facotry xenons at $20
http://www.millermotoring.com/product/ds2

I'll maybe give them a go next time but to be honest I'm really happy with the longevity of the ones I bought from DDM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts