SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to get the headlight wipers to work again, could it just be a bad fuse and if so where would this be located

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Usually the motors go bad...common

·
Registered
745 Posts
Normally the failure mode involves improper parking of the wiper (i.e. one pointing up while the other is properly parked, etc) It's not really worth the effort to fix as the motors are expensive. I just unplugged mine and pinched off the washer fluid line. Haven't missed it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
has anyone looked inside of a motor to see why the park mechanism is broken? is it a mechanical switch or a pot?

·
Registered
50 Posts
If and when mine fail I will be doing an autopsy to find out what's going on and why it failed. Chances are they could be repaired if it's just a motor and not a PCB.

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
good stuff. I too can't see how nylon gears seize to a metal plate. I've dealt with them for ages inside printers, and that's not something I've ever seen.

as to really wanting them, if my wife wants them I am obligated to fix them.
Secretly unplug the motors ;)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
What a waste of time and money

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
****ing hate my headlight wipers. Useless. The Old bad swede made some cool looking delete plugs for them I think.

·
Registered
701 Posts
****ing hate my headlight wipers. Useless. The Old bad swede made some cool looking delete plugs for them I think.
They actually work here pretty well. We get a lot of semi-frozen slop that has a 70km/hr wind behind it so the heat of the headlamps doesn't get rid of it. Having something that will mechanically scrap it off is what is required. My motivation to fix mine also came from the notion that if the trolls of Sweden put it on the car then it should work, plus it gives me something to do.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not planning on keeping mine. What do people do about plugging the holes and/or securing inserts in the bumper?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There's a reason why they were made...:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts