SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get some new headlight washer nozzle caps. The flat plastic piece on the top. In my case they are black and look faded compared to the rest of the car. Ive looked at Tasca but cant find em. I also thought about painting them, but with what idk?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Where can I get some new headlight washer nozzle caps. The flat plastic piece on the top. In my case they are black and look faded compared to the rest of the car. Ive looked at Tasca but cant find em. I also thought about painting them, but with what idk?

Thoughts?
Paint them with some color matched paint: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Cover, left, undercoated 1.00 39991798
Cover, right, undercoated 1.00 39991799

Unfortunately they only come primed. Cover the old with pink vinyl? :)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Vinyl is a great idea for those little caps. Though the edges might be tricky. You would have to glue the very edge of the vinyl so it doesn't pill off. On the other hand you can just try and see how it holds up and redo as necessary. They would be so easy to do. What color is the car?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
color is black, I think I may try and paint them. My painting skills are just awful and I am afraid to ever paint anything.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It's black than seriously you'll have better luck with vinyl...
Here are two sample of good quality vinyl. It's paint quality and won't chip the way home made paint will:

You know how to remove the caps from the bumper right?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
y I can remove them. but around the corners? what use a heat gun to stretch it or what. Where do you buy that stuff?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
y I can remove them. but around the corners? what use a heat gun to stretch it or what. Where do you buy that stuff?
You don't need a heat gun. A hair drier is just fine.
If it's applied well on a dry and cleaned of wax surface it should stay strong on the edge.
Yes it stretches easily to comply to the form. I've used Oracal 970RA which is really nice quality stuff, easy to apply and top color quality, stretching, and against UV fading.
An example. http://www.metrorestyling.com/ORACAL-Series-970RA-s/19729.htm
I did not buy mine there.

Try to see if you can get your hands on left overs. Ordering by feet is expensive.

Many people bought cheaper vinyl. Search online. For such a small area you might want to try the cheap stuff first for a fraction of the cost of the high end stuff...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay cool, I just ordered some from Amazon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts