SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Xenon headlight and the clips are broken but everything works.

I want to replace the broken housing, but I see that generally the Xenon headlights are sold complete (with ballast, bulbs, etc) and are very expensive.

On ebay there are many halogen headlights at a much lower cost. It appears the same, having a place for the ballast for the Xenon bulbs.

Does anybody know if I could buy the halogen housing, and relatively easily move all the Xenon bulbs, harness and balllast? Is there anything inside the housing that is really different?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just to be clear, I understand that the bulbs and harness is different. the question is whether I can use just the housing from the halogen headlight and move the bulbs, harness and ballast (and anything else that can be moved). Externally the housings look the same... is there any difference internally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: headlight: using halogen housing to replace xenon? (lewinr)

I just went through this, You can replace the Bulb and Balast with aftermarket parts, I paid about $120 for the kit, it was a D2 xenon kit if thats any help
I can Recomend the HIDGuy.net he was vary helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.