SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'98 V70R:
Hi, I'm really sick of my old headlights and one lens is cracked so I think that it's time to upgrade. I've been searching and reading about the ABM projectors (I like clear) and also the 2004 C70 jewel headlight that also fits. I can't decide what to get. Is the OE quality better on the jewel headlights? Is it better to go with the projectors and put in HID? While I'm use to turning a wrench underneath the hood, I'm a real novice on lighting. So I want to be able to basically drop in.

It's an old stock V70R. I've upgraded the grill to the OE eggcrate, but I want something to look nice and perform well, doesn't have to be the best lighting in the world. I don't want someone to see it and completely think that I've pimped it out with headlights that look out of place (my concern with the projector ones).

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Wes
Salt Lake City

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
IF your going clear, I'd say go with the jewels. Out of the box you will have much better visibility. I find the ABMs a bit of a pain to aim and the only reason I went with them is I wanted dark, otherwise it would be jewels to see better by.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I vote jewels too.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I got a set of aftermarket jewels on eBay. They are made by Depo, and cost around $215 for the pair if I remember correctly. I can't compare them to OEM because I've never had them, but I would assume the build quality of the OEM lights is a little better. The aftermarket lights definitely show an improvement in lighting though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Depo's are actually a very good quality aftermarket product. Good enough to be knocked off. They are a popular way to add angel eye's to older BMW's.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just installed C70 jewels in my '99 V70XC and they look great but more important, the light output is sooooooooo much better. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
C70 jewels are GREAT!!!

·
Banned
182 Posts
Where can I find a set of jewel lights for a fair price?

·
Registered
950 Posts
They want the earth for real ones, even used. Depo's seem to go around $150.00 each. Couple on Amazon at the moment. I'll probably get mine from Wellfit because that way I know they're real Depos' and there will be no shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts