·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
New lenses

Call or post to EST and beg (as a loyal furom member) for the sale price they recently featured for their replacement lenses - it's also an opportunity to upgrade to projectors!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Dam that sucks!! I'm sorry to see this. On the bright side maybe now you can put some euro spec headlights in!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dark night and high-speed cruising; I have no idea what got me. I remember hearing something, but did not discover the damage until I stopped for fuel.
Can't spring for ecodes now, but I'll check out those projectors. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Dark night and high-speed cruising; I have no idea what got me. I remember hearing something, but did not discover the damage until I stopped for fuel.
Can't spring for ecodes now, but I'll check out those projectors. Thanks!
Back in 2008 I was driving my 2002 GMC Envoy on the JFX/83 and I was pretty in the Baltimore City. I was doing around 65-70 in the fast lane on an overpass and all of a sudden an 80+ deer hopped the median. My timing was pretty much perfect, as I just nailed it with my grill (a few seconds later he could have been on my lap). With traffic behind me, I had the drag the poor guy like a solid 30 ft before i could pull to the side. I wish I still had pictures - it caused $9,000 in damage. Considering how strong the headlights on the R feel, I can't imagine how the object/animal that hit you fared.

The things you can hit in MD.....

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If I needed anymore reason to hate I-95! That sucks dude.

Any difference between the R and the regular S60 headlight glass? I see regular S60 headlight glass going for like $30 on ebay.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
If I needed anymore reason to hate I-95! That sucks dude.

Any difference between the R and the regular S60 headlight glass? I see regular S60 headlight glass going for like $30 on ebay.
the R glass is clear and does not alter the beam, the "regular" glass is covered with beam pattern altering fresnel beading.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
the R glass is clear and does not alter the beam, the "regular" glass is covered with beam pattern altering fresnel beading.
good to know! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Your insurance should pick that up under comp with no ded its glass. I got mine to replace a taillight twice. Also it was a flying object not like you hit something give it a shot and let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your insurance should pick that up under comp with no ded its glass. I got mine to replace a taillight twice. Also it was a flying object not like you hit something give it a shot and let me know if you need help.
Thanks! Already submitted a claim; good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts