SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (theshadow27)

Kudos for breaking this down but i feel at this point you might as well just buy a car with factory Bi-xenons before taking the time to rewire the car for them.

Ive never looked that in depth as to why the failures are occuring but your facts are pretty solid.

Has there actually been a recorded CEM failure due to HID's, i had only heard of the WMM?

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (ion)

Id recommend shadows PWM fix rather than the DDM BOW harness if it works with your setup. Its a more proper system than the bow harness which is kinda a band aide.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Interesting, so im assuming the only reason they would actually fail would be due to the heat of the engine bay... being that they actually use decent materials?

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Being that my BOWE harness is sitting above the CEM id say thats pretty clean

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

How our fenders roll inward water just gets dumped on the top of our head lights, so I cant mount my ballasts like factory on the back of the head lights I dont think. Probably make an extension harness and mount them behind the bumper or further down into the fenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.