SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unknown

So I hate to be that guy, and being new here and all but I recently got a bow-3 kit to put on my 2010 v50 thinking to myself this was a rather splendid idea as it would keep the light off and id have HID's in my vehicle but after reading everyone talking about the DRL disable I got curious as to why they were disabling them and got to searching and now I'm worried :( if I take my vehicle to the dealer and get the software update to disable the DRL's will I be in the clear or will I still be on borrowed time till the PWM takes out both my HID's and my wipers?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I decided to do some testing of my own, now ive only owned this vehicle for a few weeks and know that the previous owner serviced it at a dealer (have yet to get the service records from them), but my DRL are still in operation knowing that the CEM PWM the voltage to be a constant 13v at the bulb I figured my voltmeter would also see 13v and I could see if the CEM also PWM the voltage when the switch is in the "Manual" On postion (last position on switch). I found something rather odd I was getting full system voltage at the lights in both DRL and Manual on position does that seem odd to anyone else?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Didn't actually think to check that seeing as it wasn't my main concern. Ill see if I can't hook up the scope tomorrow during lunch and get a readable signal, I'm curious to see if the PWM is still there with the switch in the on position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well luckily the harness that came with my HID kit runs from the OEM connector to the ballast but is the same connector as for the bulb so it's basically a bulb connector extension so testing is a breeze. I would like to propose a question, if the DRL disable does stop the PWM how is it doing so with a software update is the just running 100% duty cycle and always commanding on? Couldn't that potential overload the transistors? Just a theory...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.