SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that you guys didn't already know this... but I received my E-Code Lenses the other day, and decided that I would try out that 3M protecting film for them. After not being too satisfied with the installation, while the lens was still in the healight assembly...I decided to take the remaining lens in the house and do it there. Let me tell you, taking the lenses out may seem like a task, but it's incredibly simple.<p>Taking it in the house allowed me to use the hairdryer more easily, it allowed tremendous amounts of leverage, as when you are heating the film while applying it, it tends to be a bit stubborn around the edges of the film where it lays over the edges of the lens...it allowed me to keep good heat on the film while using the palm of my hand to keep forming the film to the countours of the lens. After the little squee-gee gig, of course.<p>The lens I did in the house came out immaculate, that stuff really takes form if you have a little patience with the film forming to the glass.<p>It seems wierd at first, how that film really does look too short and too tall. Yet the finished product really looks amazing.<p>Anyway, just my thoughts for the day, I just finished the lens.<p>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Headlight protection film...found a good way to do it (xtremepsionic)

All you have to do is pull back the headlight wiper arm nut cover, if you have them...it's the cover right where the motor arm connects to the wiper arm...unscrew that and pull off thw wiper. Then carefully pull the moulding away from under the light. There will be several 1 inch wide retaining clips that hold the lens in place on the housing...take a screwdriver or heck I used a butter knife, and easily pry the retaining clips off, not from the front or back, just the middle of the clip, they come off rather easily.<p>Then all you have to do is pop the lens right out and take out the older rubber trim inside the channel. Reverse the process to put in the lens. It really sounds like more work than it is, it takes about 5 minutes to get the lens out, no need to remove the entire headlight.<p>There are detailed instructions, which I followed, here: <A HREF="http://www.volvospeed.com/volvo_performance.php" TARGET="_blank">http://www.volvospeed.com/volvo_performance.php</a><p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts