SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my '06 XC90 and I'm looking to update it a bit. Mainly I'm looking to see what kind of headlight options are available, i.e. where I can find projector headlights, if there needs to be a trick to install HIDs with no codes, etc. I love the car but it does come off a bit dated with the old style bumper and headlights and I'd really like to bring it up to newer specs as it only has 60k miles on it.

Thanks
Timo

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just purchased my '06 XC90 and I'm looking to update it a bit. Mainly I'm looking to see what kind of headlight options are available, i.e. where I can find projector headlights, if there needs to be a trick to install HIDs with no codes, etc. I love the car but it does come off a bit dated with the old style bumper and headlights and I'd really like to bring it up to newer specs as it only has 60k miles on it.

Thanks
Timo
Easiest/least expensive option are Canbus friendly HID drop-in units. That's what I did on mine - no codes. To round out the look, go for LED corner lights and driving lights.

-- DavidV :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any pics and/or links to where they can be picked up? I'm XC90 stupid :facepalm:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you have any pics and/or links to where they can be picked up? I'm XC90 stupid :facepalm:
If you search on Amazon.com or eBay for H4 Canbus HID you'll find a lot of different options. Don't buy non-Canbus with cancelers (that didn't work for me), but ones that were designed for Canbus to begin with. I had a local stereo/lighting shop source and install them since they came with a lifetime warranty that way. I'm sure there are shops like that on the east coast as well.

-- DavidV :D

·
Registered
309 Posts

Thanks
Timo
I tried to do this on my 06 xc90.. With no luck what so ever... Still have extra pair of headlights and all the hid stuff with projector lens.. From hid retrofit source..

No mater what can canceled, load resister I tried.. I couldnt get the dash bulb out light to go out.. Apparently you can modify a shunt on the earlier xc90s.. But not on the 06..

Good luck.. If you figure it out I may revisit myself..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts