SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2018 XC90 Inscription into the dealership on Monday for dim headlights. I have noticed over the last month how difficult it was for me to see at night--very unlike my first few months when it was noticeably amazing. But, it wasn't until my husband drove it Saturday night and swore that the lights weren't even on that I realized there was really a problem and not just my imagination! We thought that the low beams were not operating although the high beams would turn on as well as the fog lights etc. Only the daytime running lights were operational. Also, the Active Turning feature no longer works and the spot lights which turn on when turning are sporadic in operation.

Well, the dealership mechanics are stumped as to why, without any indication (not burned out or loose wires etc), the low beams just will not work. Volvo Sweden has gotten involved and our local dealership is sending the entire headlight unit to Sweden for them to troubleshoot as it is the first time they've seen this happen. It will be a couple of days before they get two new light assembly units installed.

Anyone else hear of such an issue? It just adds to my 'ghost in the machine' theory about the strange things my XC90 seems to do. I'll do another post about it talking to me in Swedish at random times... :eek:

Thanks!

Sllim
2018 XC90 Inscription (with everything but the kitchen sink...and the massaging seats)
Bought new in Mar 2019 and now has 6,000 miles

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Never heard of that before. Is this on both left and right headlights, or just one side?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, both of them. I just got it back this afternoon after driving a loaner since Monday. They replaced the entire headlight unit on both sides, including the housing. They said they'd never seen it happen before on any car. And off to Sweden my headlight go! It would be interesting to hear what they found but the service advisor said the only way they'd hear is if there was some recall or something as a result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts