SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my car had what I assume to be normal halogen S60 headlights on it. I bought some R headlights that were for my year, 2006, and got a wiring harness. Well I have an extra connection that is a small clear bulb right next to the turn signal that goes into the same housing. Pic below. Anyone else have this? I tested the lights and they work so I'm not worried about it not being hooked up, just curious. It also appears the running lights are blocked off (unless it utilizes the turn signals) again, never had the R headlights so I'm clueless to how they function.

Lastly, do the drls only come on in position I when the headlights aren't on? They come on with the high beams so I know they work, but it was dark so hids came on in position I.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Euro light has it as parking or position lamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have more info on this? I keep setting daytime running bulb failure. They work because they come on with high beams but not at other times.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If your car has not HID headlights previously. I guess you have to program CEM to use HID.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your car has not HID headlights previously. I guess you have to program CEM to use HID.

I thought all Rs had HIDs. Even if not, the HID is working fine. It's the DRLs. They only come on with high beams, but yet I get a bulb failure message as if they went out. And to add to that, they are H7 bulbs, not 9006xs. So whoever had them before me did God knows what to them. The orange reflector is gone so I assume at one point they were opened up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My guess is those are non US units. Take a pic from in front. If the supposed DRL is just a clear reflector, it explains it all.

The empty bulp socket is sure enough parking light in EU atleast.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess is those are non US units. Take a pic from in front. If the supposed DRL is just a clear reflector, it explains it all.

The empty bulp socket is sure enough parking light in EU atleast.
Thank you! Yes, they did not come from the US and the DRL is just a clear reflector. Do you by chance know if the DRL issue is coming from what the car is telling it? I'm looking at getting VIDA/DICE soon and maybe play with the DRL settings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In researching Euro R headlights, I answered my questions. No DRLs.... I wonder if I'm getting the error message because I have a US harness. If anyone knows anything about this feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In researching Euro R headlights, I answered my questions. No DRLs.... I wonder if I'm getting the error message because I have a US harness. If anyone knows anything about this feel free to chime in.
Then we know. Euro lights have a dedicated high beam instead of a DRL. It that sense it seems as if the light behaves just as it should.

From my understanding, atleast for the pre face lift P2s, there is nothing in the CEM that is needed for the xenons to work. The logic is in the head lights themselves, with the only exception beeing the automatic leveling but the lights dont need that to operate including the bi-xenon high beam/low beam dipping. I dont think its any different on the -06.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I remembered via VIDA, the CEM setting has how daylight work. According my 05 VR . The low team (HID)is always on as daylight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remembered via VIDA, the CEM setting has how daylight work. According my 05 VR . The low team (HID)is always on as daylight.

Ok cool. So there is still some options of control I can look at whenever I get VIDA. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts