SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I posted a week or so ago about my headlight flickering, now it just flickers on and off randomly, while driving on any road at any speed. All I have to do to get it to turn on again is turn the switch on the dash to the middle, then back to either side. It then usually continues to turn on and off for a few minutes. It usually goes away if I restart the car completely.

What the **** could cause that? There's no condensation inside the headlight that I can tell, but who knows..?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Did you recently replace the bulb and not seat it fully?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Sounds like you ballast is going. If you want to check take your headlamp out remove the ballast, if it looks corroded and icky, GL with getting a used one.....they are all over ebay.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Did you recently replace the bulb and not seat it fully?
This would be my first place to check as well. Same thing happened with my BMW recently. Just had to twist to socket a bit to lock and all was fixed. You could also try swapping bulbs from left to right to see if it still happens in the same light. Then you know it's you ballast if it doesn't travel with the bulb.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This would be my first place to check as well. Same thing happened with my BMW recently. Just had to twist to socket a bit to lock and all was fixed. You could also try swapping bulbs from left to right to see if it still happens in the same light. Then you know it's you ballast if it doesn't travel with the bulb.

This is a good idea, I'll do that today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts