SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 S60R with an intermittent headlight problem. I get a message saying something to the effect that there is a bulb failure and have it serviced. At the same time, my low beams go from normal to pointing almost straight down. This happened years ago under warranty and I think the teck told me that they had to take the bumper off to fix it. I suspect it might have been the bumper cover. In any case, I took it to my local shop and other than noting that the lights were a bit yellow, they could not find anything wrong and could not pull up a fault code with what they have. They put new bulbs in. When I went to pick up the car, it was facing the sun on a hot day and when I started it, I got the code and the lights pointed down. I told my guy about it and we pulled it into the service bay and he got a good look at it. But as we were discussing it for 10 or fifteen minutes, the lights rotated up to normal position and the message went away. I seem to remember that the ballast for these lights are under the bumper cover. And I also believe that when I was getting the problem it was very hot out. Is this a problem with the ballast and, if so, will just one do it for both lights?

Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated. I will hate to bring my car to Volvo to fix this rather than having it done by some great people at my local shop. It isn't my daily driver anymore as I just recently bought a 2015 GTR. What a car--a S60R on steroids Lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.