SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of weeks ago my wife tried to use my R as a U-boat. The driver's side headlight was slightly wet on the inside of the glass. It was wet not misty with condensation but actual water had run down the inside of the glass. Fortunately it didn't damage the Bi-Xenons and over the past few weeks it has been slowly drying out. I took the car out last night for an extended run on a local toll road. The heat of the lamps and the air flow apparently dried the last of it out. Plus I ran into a new M3 doing what I was doing so it was a good evening. <p>Is there something, sealant etc... that can prevent the water from coming in again? I have a 2006 and I thought it's lights had improved venting that allowed it to dry out faster? If I cannot do anything to help seal up the light is there something I can do to allow it to dry or drain faster so that it doesn't damage the bulbs or ballasts?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Re: Headlight dried out - How do I keep this from happening again. (Gonbad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Gonbad</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Is there something, sealant etc... that can prevent the water from coming in again? I have a 2006 and I thought it's lights had improved venting that allowed it to dry out faster? If I cannot do anything to help seal up the light is there something I can do to allow it to dry or drain faster so that it doesn't damage the bulbs or ballasts?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You're lucky, mine got wet and both bulbs and ballasts blew out. First dealer tried to blame me for abuse and didn't cover it under warranty. Second dealer covered it but botched the repair.<p>You can dry them out much faster by pulling the bulb covers off and pointing a hairdryer in there and let it run for an hour or two.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Re: Headlight dried out - How do I keep this from happening again. (Warpedcow)

SILICONE EVERYTHING. LOTS OF SILICONE!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts