SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Stock bulbs in my 2008 Volvo C70 T5. i am Looking to get that new super bright purple look to my headlights, which direction should I take? A new fancy bulb? A conversion kit? whats my options and which brands should I go with?

·
Super Moderator
15,117 Posts
Do you have halogens or factory xenons? If halogens, you might want to look into an HID kit. Then you can get any color bulb you want.

If you have factory xenons, just order the color bulbs you want. 6000K is really the most bluish/pure white you can go before dramatically limiting your light illumination. Anything further up the spectrum will be bright but not light up the road very well. But if purple is what you want...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My headlights on my c70 are 3000k yellow and I absolutely love them. You see people getting the ultra white or blue bulbs but never the other way around, really makes you stand out from the crowd and gives the car a nice retro feel. It often says for showcar use only etc. on the packaging so I'm not positive they're completely legal but I've never been pulled over for them and I encounter police daily. Just gotta install my fogs to match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts