SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon. <p>A friend of my wife has a blown bulb on the driverside on a 2004 XC70<p>What kind of bulb is this?<p>Can i purchase a replacement at the local autoparts store?<p>Pretty easy to replace right?<p>Thanks

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes...believe it's an H7...it's on the back cover of her owner's manual, so ask her to take a look.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It is a H7 bulb. Stick with one of the major brands ie Philips, Sylvania, Osram.<p>To replace, twist the cover off, counter clockwise. There are no clips that hold the connector to teh bulb. You pull it straight back. Be careful though, often times they are brittle and come apart. once thats off, Push the clips that hold the bulb in towards the front of the car, then lift them out of their retainers. <p>Make sure you note the position of the bulb. There is a tab on it that locates it in the headlight assembly itself. I believe it goes straight up. It is possible to put the bulb in wrong, and it will throw of the beam from the headlight since the bulb will be tilted. Good luck!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Headlight bulb replacement (brickhead)

Thank you much MIJ.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Re: Headlight bulb replacement (brickhead)

in case you pull it out and can't tell the position because of the tight space, the tab faces up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts