SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An adjusting screw for the vertical adjustment in my headlamp unit is broken. Anyone knows how to fix it or replace it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's been broken for years. I just use a needle nose plier, grab and turn the shank directly.
That's a great idea. I drilled a hole in the centre of the shank and inserted a screw in, but it didn't work. Yours is much simplier, and I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, my dealership broke the adjusting screw (the vertical adjustment one) a long time ago. Unfortuately, I didn't find out until now.

Are you referring to the shaft that is visible from the inside of the assembly? I opened the back cover and found the shaft that connects to the screw. So did you twist it with a needle nose plier?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Do you guys have how to specs for head light adjustments?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
A lot of us find the factory aiming a bit too low so we adjust it a bit higher to our preference.
I know what you mean...

Yes I've seen this document. I'll have to try with that I guess.
Also, I see if I can find Volvo specs. I'm sure they have some documentation at their disposal...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

This is what I did. Totally forgot I had broken off the entire shaft on one side. So I drilled two holes that would fit my needle nose pliers, then I could turn it.
Yes Yes Yes. This is exactly what I'm experiencing. I will follow your way of drilling two holes on each side of the knob. Thanks for uploading the pic and your advices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same common problem with my S40 headlamp, the post showing the drilling of two small holes and using needle nose pliers to adjust it worked perfectly, thanks for the innovative idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts