SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2008 XC70 with the dynaudio in it. There is no bluetooth however and this is becoming an issue. Is there a way to retrofit a newer head unit that has bluetooth that will work with the steering wheel controls? I am looking to keep it OEM and I have no idea if this is possible or where to begin - I did try to search here but have had little luck. TIA :beer:

·
Registered
281 Posts
My wife has a 2008 XC70 with the dynaudio in it. There is no bluetooth however and this is becoming an issue. Is there a way to retrofit a newer head unit that has bluetooth that will work with the steering wheel controls? I am looking to keep it OEM and I have no idea if this is possible or where to begin - I did try to search here but have had little luck. TIA :beer:
Probably not with the steering wheel control but the Volvo Accessory Bluetooth® Hands Free System is OEM and does everything the steering wheel mounted controls do. Had this in my 05 and it was excellent-- and IMO better than the stock bluetooth in my 2009

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Probably not with the steering wheel control but the Volvo Accessory Bluetooth® Hands Free System is OEM and does everything the steering wheel mounted controls do. Had this in my 05 and it was excellent
+1.

Getting a new head unit in these cars seems like a huge hassle, particularly because of the waterfall design. It would incorporate a pretty radical custom kit. If it's just bluetooth you want, Volvo offers kits that wire into the system. With the dynaudio premium sound system, you wouldn't want to modify such a high quality system anyway, particularly if you plan on selling the car down the line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts