SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Hello from Hungary! New to the forums, this is my first post.

My question is, which one you guys advise getting as a replacement for HU-603.
It sounds great, but I would like to listen my own music from an USB stick. (doesn’t really want to mess around with CD’s)

Concept is, that since I want to replace the head unit, would be great if I could just get a 2Din one, so I could use it for music AND navigation. Canbus isn’t really important, my steering wheel doesn’t have switches on the right side.

I found out about bluepower, but read some issues from 2014.
Would any BP-890 user advise this one?
Or should I get another aftermarket one?
Which one sounds better in this car?

(My car is a 2001 S60 2.4 NA)

Thank you in advance!

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a non-functional 850 in mine originally, so swapping it out for an aftermarket 2DIN unit without CANBUS was fine for me as well, since I never had steering wheel controls to begin with. While I can't recommend the unit I have (I got it on clearance since it was a discontinued model), I can say that any 2DIN unit with at least four channels (front, rear, left, right) should sound at least as good as your original unit. I would highly recommend buying from http://www.crutchfield.com since they can also sell you all the adapters and new faceplate for the swap. I had never done a head unit swap before, and am terrible with wiring, but it was a half-hour job in the dark with the instructions and parts they sold with it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
First of all, Hello from Hungary! New to the forums, this is my first post.

My question is, which one you guys advise getting as a replacement for HU-603.
It sounds great, but I would like to listen my own music from an USB stick. (doesn’t really want to mess around with CD’s)

Concept is, that since I want to replace the head unit, would be great if I could just get a 2Din one, so I could use it for music AND navigation. Canbus isn’t really important, my steering wheel doesn’t have switches on the right side.

I found out about bluepower, but read some issues from 2014.
Would any BP-890 user advise this one?
Or should I get another aftermarket one?
Which one sounds better in this car?

(My car is a 2001 S60 2.4 NA)

Thank you in advance!

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével
I have a solution for this. I use Xcarlink

http://www.xcarlink.in.th/volvo.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts