1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: HD Videosfrom BIR Trackday (Warpedcow)

Nice videos! I liked watching your car in the tighter turns. It appears to have the initial understeer, but the back end would end up coming around. Were you lifting in the middle of those turns, or was the car naturally kicking out under acceleration?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: HD Videosfrom BIR Trackday (mpdbrown)

Looks like a whole lot of fun!!! You look like you have some skills out there on the course

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: HD Videosfrom BIR Trackday (I Roll)

Quote, originally posted by I Roll »
Nice videos! I liked watching your car in the tighter turns. It appears to have the initial understeer, but the back end would end up coming around. Were you lifting in the middle of those turns, or was the car naturally kicking out under acceleration?

The low speed turns are all just slight trailbraking (where the R generally turns in quite well) and then rolling on the gas. Back does not come out on the gas in the dry. Wet is another story, but that was a different day a few years ago...
High speed turns are turn 1 and 2. T1 is flat on the gas (it's where the short and long course meet - they separate at turn 8). T2 is slight braking (from 115 down to 100 or so) then turn in on the gas so you come out of T2 around 110MPH).
This was my first time on the short course so turns 9-13 were new for me. The bridge you go under is between 12 and 13, both very sharp corners compared to anything else.
In one of the vids I get a fair bit of lift-off oversteer coming around turn 10, but it's pretty easy to correct at ~75MPH.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Make sure y'all watch this one, especially around 2:11
SURPRISE!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What tires were you using?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »
SURPRISE!

What was I supposed to see?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

SURPRISE!

Did you hit a bird???

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: HD Videosfrom BIR Trackday (I Roll)

Quote, originally posted by I Roll »

Did you hit a bird???

Yes. Surprised the heck outta me. Car was unhurt.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (JoshV70_)

Quote, originally posted by JoshV70_ »
What tires were you using?

Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires. They didn't hold up nearly as well as the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires I used to have

Big version: http://www.trackpedia.com/phot...9.JPG

New RE050A tires are on the way from tirerack... I'm going to get the alignment checked too and see if I can get some more negative camber dialed in to the front (that was the front left tire).

·
Registered
7,962 Posts

Yes. Surprised the heck outta me. Car was unhurt.

WTF kinda yellow/red bird was that?!?!?!?

Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires. They didn't hold up nearly as well as the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires I used to have

New RE050A tires are on the way from tirerack... I'm going to get the alignment checked too and see if I can get some more negative camber dialed in to the front (that was the front left tire).

Truth!!! The 050A Pole positions rock! Even my Re760 sports look like they held up better than that...

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: HD Videosfrom BIR Trackday (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »

WTF kinda yellow/red bird was that?!?!?!?

Dead?
http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts