SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives the R as a daily commuter, so I get to sit in the cockpit only for family excursions. Being as unobservant as many females can be when it comes to subtle changes in vehicle behavior, things can pile up for me to notice when I get behind the wheel

10 weeks ago, sunroof drains clogged. Soaked the floor and ruined chassis control module. Add strut bearing and spark plugs were due = $2K at dealer

Drove today and found that
-Active Chassis won't change from "sport"
-millisecond hesitation while cruising hgwy speeds
-check engine appears with no noticeable issue and is gone after restart
-headlights are aiming way low. Have to activate brights to get normal/safe lighting

Any thoughts are appreciated. '04VR with 114K

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Need ECU codes pulled for sure. Bad coil(s) maybe? For the headlights, did the dealer do a sum recalibration? Maybe they didn't have the headlights on when it was done, they will basically point straight down after if so; Also, if the adjustment knobs are turned so the lights are aimed all the way up when the sum recal is done, you loose your ability to adjust them to point up more if you need to. The adjustment knob on the headlights can raise and lower it somewhat; To get the most out of the sum recal they should be turned to point down as far as possible, then do recal, then adjust up more as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts