SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

[HR][/HR]

Hey guys i'am peter luke ( pier-luc ) from quebec canada, always been an AWD turbo car fan and got my hands on a R since 2015. I finally decided to make my own build thread to show what i do with the car from mods to repairs and whatnot.

Hope you like her as much as i do ! :)

ℛ specs:
✦ 2005 GT
✦ Passion red
✦ Nordkap
✦ 18'' Gold IPD Pegasus
✦ 100K Miles
✦ 17 PSI boost.

Modifications:

✦ BSR Tune stage 1
✦ Eurosport Catback
✦ Eurosport resonator delete
✦ Hilton tuning torque limiter delete
✦ IPD Turbo intake 3''
✦ Custom R-Kelly 2.5''
✦ Pierburg Porsche TCV
✦ J2 Gold Intercooler 3''
✦ Custom Charge pipe 2.5''
✦ R IPD Boost gauge
✦ Brembo discs
✦ IPD Upper polyurethane engine mount
✦ Hutchingson polyurethane transmission mount
✦ XemodeX Haldex DEM
✦ HD XC90 Spring seats
✦ HD Meyle Endlinks
✦ Rokblokz mudflaps
✦ Black window tint
✦ EDB removal
✦ Blacked out front grill
✦ STI CS2 Lip
✦ Gold volvo moose stickers
✦ XC90 Axle bolts
✦ 12MMF & 15MMR Spacers
✦ Alumiunium pedals

Exhaust sound

Some pictures !

Here's a picture of my old car, 2004 Subaru wrx sti. I sold it so i could buy the car, no regrets so far even if the STI was an awesome car.

Cheers !:thumbup::beer::cool:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welcome :) Enjoy the exhaust, it's a screamer! I recall seeing this car on Kijiji a while back. Can't remember if it was Auto or Manual?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What's this about custom Haldex? Do you know what the customization entailed and how the lifetime warranty was tacked on? Warranties on auto parts are usually non-transferable. Did you confirm that's not the case here?

Also, if that HP number is tested accurate, you've got a beast on your hands. Enjoy!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the HP numbers are accurate however its not wheel hp its to the motor.

The warranty on my haldex is because the DEM module was broken in the haldex and we sent it to a Volvo shop in Ontario for a custom rebuilt and they perma sealed it with epoxy for rust protection. They gave me a life time warranty due to the perma seal and they said it will be very unprobable for it to break again. costed like 1000$ for the rebuilt of the unit with the warranty

PS: Any tips on what upgrades I should do in the future ?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
the HP numbers are accurate however its not wheel hp its to the motor.

The warranty on my haldex is because the DEM module was broken in the haldex and we sent it to a Volvo shop in Ontario for a custom rebuilt and they perma sealed it with epoxy for rust protection. They gave me a life time warranty due to the perma seal and they said it will be very unprobable for it to break again. costed like 1000$ for the rebuilt of the unit with the warranty

PS: Any tips on what upgrades I should do in the future ?
Intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any idea on which brand of intercooler I should buy, IPD sells one but I find it expensive, is it worth it.

Should I only change the main cooler or both of them.

I also wanted to get a new charge pipe and turbo inlet pipe because there is too much restriction with the stock ones, any tips on those as well would be appreciated thanks !

·
Registered
975 Posts
That blacker grille looks great on the passion red

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You should replace both with a larger FMIC, agree with BaxtR that should be the very next mod on your list. Check Snabb, Viva & Phuz, to compare options.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice car Neighbor :)))
But how did you get 385 hp with BSR ?! Bsr stage 2 for your model gives 354 HP , and it will give you 354Hp if your engine is in perfect condition. Your engine has already done 155k km - it isn't too much , but also isn't too low ...so..How did you get about 40 Hp more without any additional modifications?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
#error 231

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice car!! The funny thing about this particular car is that I test drove it before buying my Sonic blue S60R!! Hope you like it!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice car!! The funny thing about this particular car is that I test drove it before buying my Sonic blue S60R!! Hope you like it!!
Oh that's quite funny, any mods on your sonic blue s60r ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not yet but i started saving for a snaab fmic and intake pipe to get rid of the twin intercooler setup. then i'll buy some lowering springs and maybe wheels and a cf lip!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Snabb ultimate is by far the best

·
Registered
454 Posts
There is more than just BSR on the vehicle, EST downpipe, IPD injectors, and a proper tuning from a local performance shop where i live, all of this was back in 2008, it might have loss power since then but on the dyno it pulled 384 bhp, i still have it on an old sheet the seller provided, the run was recorded on 3rd gear pull.

I did some research and the stage 2 BSR does infact gives 354hp with only the Chip and exhaust, i am guessing that the EST downpipe and injectors with a proper tune is what is giving the extra 30hp.
in 2008 it was the new car :))) LOL :))))... 7 years ...155 k km :))) but never mind :)))

BTW ...and it's just mine opinion Castrol oil is worse oil I've ever meet... remember that your turbo runs in the same oil

+ 1 for snabb intercooler full set (must to come with snabb charge pipes!!!)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
in 2008 it was the new car :))) LOL :))))... 7 years ...155 k km :))) but never mind :)))

BTW ...and it's just mine opinion Castrol oil is worse oil I've ever meet... remember that your turbo runs in the same oil

+ 1 for snabb intercooler full set (must to come with snabb charge pipes!!!)
I'am going to do a FMIC upgrade as soon as i can, i will get the car tuned again after the mod. We will run it on a dyno and i will post the results here when i can, hopefully it will give out good results !

FYI ; i did a compression test before buying the car and it's still in great shape, i dont think motor age decreased the power much, the oil is still brand new after changing it a month ago with agressive driving, using 5w40 syntec castrol edge and no problem with this oil so far, i am however going to be swapping out for royal purple on my next oil change this summer. From how the car feels it certainly pulls a lot harder than with just a stage 2 bsr + exhaust without a tune, i can tell when i am going against my friend s60r with only a chip and stock exhaust, his chip is suposed to bring him to 350bhp and my car pulls away from him in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
454 Posts
hauntworld any plans to run on it a track ? if yes - you can join me .

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hauntworld any plans to run on it a track ? if yes - you can join me .
For now it's not in my plans, i am more focusing on getting ready for the winter coming. I live in quebec canada and we get some pretty heavy snow here ! :p

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ooo my bad ...I thought you're from GTA

1 - 20 of 110 Posts