SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I am at about 5500 miles on my 2019 XC60 Inscription, getting the alert to book maintenance (reminder to book has been up for a little while now) and I've noticed that my oil level is the same as when I got the vehicle - completely full. Odd or not?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why would that be odd? I mean, do you really expect a new car to use a significant amount of oil between services?

By the way, the service interval for the car is 1 year or 10k miles, whichever comes first. If it hasn’t been a year yet since you bought the car (and it probably hasn’t), wait until you hit either mark before planning a service, as that’s the only way it will be covered by Volvo’s free service plan.

The reason you’re seeing the message now is probably because the dealer didn’t properly reset it when they delivered your car. (My car was a dealer trade and had its pre-delivery inspection done by the initial dealer, and my dealer didn’t reset the message when they sold me the car a few months later, so I’m seeing the message early as well.)

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
The actual oil level could be more than the gauge shows. So even if a small portion is burnt, the gauge doesn't show it.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to call the local service center and see what they suggest. I got the scheduled maintenance overdue alert, haven't even gotten to 6K miles. My daily commute is hauling kids to and from school in Los Angeles not even 5 days a week, and yet the Volvo website (https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/own/maintenance/scheduled-maintenance) says service 1 is due at 16K miles. So either Volvo programmed my 2019 XC60 oddly or something else is wrong.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I'll have to call the local service center and see what they suggest. I got the scheduled maintenance overdue alert, haven't even gotten to 6K miles. My daily commute is hauling kids to and from school in Los Angeles not even 5 days a week, and yet the Volvo website (https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/own/maintenance/scheduled-maintenance) says service 1 is due at 16K miles. So either Volvo programmed my 2019 XC60 oddly or something else is wrong.
It should be every 1yr or 10k miles / 16k km for Canada maybe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just ran into the same issue on my 2019 XC60 RD. Apparently the reminder is set to come on at 10k miles OR 1 year. Normally the dealer resets it as part of the prep but mine forgot along with not bleeding the tires down to the proper 35 psi. Only solutions appear to be live with it until the 10k service or reset it now and remember to bring it in at 10k and then they will restart the 10k/1yr interval again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts