SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have there been any successful upgrades?
Where did you find your new amplifier?

I have been watching eBay for a Harman Kardon premium amplifiers compatible with MY18 V60CC but after two weeks there haven't been any listed.

VDash has a number of options listed and would anyone know if other P3 Volvo OEM premium amplifiers, like the ones from the Bowers & Wilkins branded sound systems?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Where did you find your new amplifier?

I have been watching eBay for a Harman Kardon premium amplifiers compatible with MY18 V60CC but after two weeks there haven't been any listed.

VDash has a number of options listed and would anyone know if other P3 Volvo OEM premium amplifiers, like the ones from the Bowers & Wilkins branded sound systems?
Do you already have the three-way component set up in each front door and the center channel speaker? If not, I would ask what the purpose of this would be.

Yes, you can use VDASH to select the different systems, but you need the other hardware as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm aware it is more than just the amplifier. I was going to skip the center channel and replace the other speakers with aftermarket component speakers. I am mostly looking for a way to add a subwoofer. If I cannot find an amp that provides a sub channel, then that will change the types of speakers I purchase. I have found amplifiers from other P3 Volvo, such as one from a 2015 S60, but I am asking would it be compatible with existing wiring harness and infotainment center? VDASH does not provide any information on what parts numbers would be compatible with the different configurations or the model and years they would have originally set up for.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yes, I replaced the high performance amplifier with one the premium amplifier from a 2012 XC60 T6. I also replaced the front door speakers with dynaudio speakers from an S80, added a factory wiring harness from the T6 and added the dynaauio midrange speakers and replaced the front and rear door tweeters with the dynaaudio tweeters. Using VDASH I was able to change the CEM setup from "high performance" audio to the "premium surround" setup. The only thing I am currently missing is the dash speaker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Save your time and money and get this. Volvo system doesn't compare in any way shape or form. Best sub I've had.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-1nMoZ...G1kDmPmbNySY9tSvFhsS9ISOpkV8dMhRoCCQgQAvD_BwE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I wasn't necessarily going to use the Volvo OEM subwoofer. My efforts currently are to have a sub channel that will integrate with the infotainment system. I would prefer not to splice the integrated wiring harness and cannot find any sort of T connection or extension to splice that fits the current setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I replaced the high performance amplifier with one the premium amplifier from a 2012 XC60 T6.
Hmmm... from the same year. For 2018, the XC60 already switched to the SPA platform and may not be compatible but it is good to know that it doesn't necessarily have to from a S60/V60. Thank you.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I wasn't necessarily going to use the Volvo OEM subwoofer. My efforts currently are to have a sub channel that will integrate with the infotainment system. I would prefer not to splice the integrated wiring harness and cannot find any sort of T connection or extension to splice that fits the current setup.
A sub channel that will integrate with the Volvo system. I mean, maybe I'm mistaken but I can't see why an aftermarket sub which is not powered by the vehicle is any different? I can use the equalizer to change different frequencies and in turn change how the sub sounds independent of it's high pass filter. I can also adjust the volume of the sub with the bass level through the car. No different that how Volvo does it.

Just an FYI, you will need to change your IAM out for a level 3 (I think its level 3) module which has support for high performance audio. Between that, the Vdash change and the Volvo firmware update for IAM module you're looking at over $400.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just an FYI, you will need to change your IAM out for a level 3 (I think its level 3) module which has support for high performance audio. Between that, the Vdash change and the Volvo firmware update for IAM module you're looking at over $400. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I think your pricing is a bit on the high side. It should be about half that. Yes, IAM with Navi is needed for the premium sound, but IAM firmware update is not needed if you pull from the same year S60/V60. VDASH update is about $50, IAM unit from ebay/LKQ is about $75-100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mean, maybe I'm mistaken but I can't see why an aftermarket sub which is not powered by the vehicle is any different?
Power is a separate issue although I may use the power on/off signal. Currently, without splicing the wring harness running to the amplifier, I do not have a way to a way to tap into the speaker signal to connect a low pass filter as I cannot find an T adapter that connect fits.
Just an FYI, you will need to change your IAM out for a level 3 (I think its level 3) module which has support for high performance audio. Between that, the Vdash change and the Volvo firmware update for IAM module you're looking at over $400.
Drat, that is unfortunate. However, like you said, I can still adjust these using the equalizer.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Power is a separate issue although I may use the power on/off signal. Currently, without splicing the wring harness running to the amplifier, I do not have a way to a way to tap into the speaker signal to connect a low pass filter as I cannot find an T adapter that connect fits.

Drat, that is unfortunate. However, like you said, I can still adjust these using the equalizer.
None of the amps here will give you a dedicated sub out, but yes, you can use the T adapter or splice.

The T adapter you need is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-SOT-045-Accessory-Interface-Lead/dp/B002LYDA8W (this is what mark-sf used for his install). I didn't bother and just spliced into the lines with posi-taps.

Here are my posts for reference:

Initial install with wiring and power (also has links to threads I pulled information from to help guide my install):
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...60-T6-Owner!&p=6195601&viewfull=1#post6195601

Addition of a cheap Scosche LOC2SL line level converter:
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...60-T6-Owner!&p=6643210&viewfull=1#post6643210

Then removal of Schosche and install of an AudioControl LC2i:
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...60-T6-Owner!&p=7147589&viewfull=1#post7147589

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
None of the amps here will give you a dedicated sub out
On the premium amps there is an extra connector for a subwoofer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-...MPLIFIER-SYSTEM-OEM-P-N-31409935/143355171763

Here is one of the models that looks like it is close but does not say it is compatable with the 2018 V60.
There are three connections on my "high performance" amplifier, MOST, speaker channel and power. I have a blank covering the last one but has premium amps have a connection.
This may only be the subwoofer power and a separate line out connection with the other speaker channels but that seems like it would add unnecessary complexity to the factory assembly process.

None of the amps here will give you a dedicated sub out
but yes, you can use the T adapter or splice.

The T adapter you need is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-SOT-045-Accessory-Interface-Lead/dp/B002LYDA8W (this is what mark-sf used for his install)[/QUOTE]

I have two variations of this, costing around $60 total, and neither fit. Given my luck, I need a method that can be undone in case something goes wrong.

I didn't bother and just spliced into the lines with posi-taps.
This is a tempting alternative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts