SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you've upgraded your turbo, what kind of turbo did you end up using? please help, i really would like to have more boost, even if it is detrimental to the rest og the engine

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Re: has anyone upgraded their turbo? (liquidforce1887)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>liquidforce1887</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you've upgraded your turbo, what kind of turbo did you end up using? please help, i really would like to have more boost, even if it is detrimental to the rest og the engine</TD></TR></TABLE><p>A few of the "R" folks have upgraded their turbo, I don't know of anyone who has upgraded "lower end" S60s with newer turbos. Basically, all the plumbing will need to be custom made, so if you're really up for it, find a custom shop and plan on spending at least a few grand for parts + tuning.<p>If you have less than a grand to spend, your only options are ECU tune (BSR/IPD/etc) and then easy bolt-ons (intake, downpipe, exhaust) though it seems you already have those.<p>Again, just plumbing in a bigger turbo wont do you any good, the ECU needs to be retuned to allow greater boost, regardless of what turbo is on the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts