SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
a bunch of people have. its a PITA if you don't have 4yr old kid hands but doable. if you do this without removing the turbo you should do the SNABB pipe and run new silicone hoses.

·
Registered
416 Posts
With the amount of time it'll take you to get to the inner most bolt and all the bolts for that matter I would remove the turbo and do it...yeah there's double the amount of bolts/nuts but it can be done a whole lot quicker (depending on how stubborn the DP bolts will be).

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to take out the angle gear, if that was out of the way would it make it easier? I was going to possible do the turbo drian seals also.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I prefer to work from the top of the car rather than on my back or on a creeper, not sure if the angle gear removal would help much. There is a reallllllly good write up linked above def. check that out.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Not really. I don't believe it's near the angle gear. You can just remove the CBV and put a blockoff plate and install a BOV if you like.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link Ions. That answered most of my questions.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Removing the transmission makes the job cake not so much the angle gear

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I did the CBV upgrade and put in the Snabb intake pipe at the same time, kind of a PITA, but do-able if you're comfortable working on your caR (and don't mind lying across the engine bay to access it). I recommend reading through the CBV install thread before attempting it. Also, to find anything via search you'll need to use the Google search method e.g. "site:forums.swedespeed.com CBV upgrade", works much better.

·
Registered
688 Posts
...or just go to IPD....oh wait, they closed their shop.....:thumbdown::confused:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have just over 50K on my 07SR and am wondering if I need to do this also?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I have just over 50K on my 07SR and am wondering if I need to do this also?
I'd put other things higher on the mod list. Getting your caR to a "stage 2" setup is highly desirable - they perform so much better with a proper tune, FMIC, and DP/exhaust. Not to mention some track-spec sways and springs. Granted these things are more expensive than a CBV, but well worth it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I did the CBV upgrade a while ago, and yea it was a pain without removing the turbo, it its doable if you have patience.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd put other things higher on the mod list. Getting your caR to a "stage 2" setup is highly desirable - they perform so much better with a proper tune, FMIC, and DP/exhaust. Not to mention some track-spec sways and springs. Granted these things are more expensive than a CBV, but well worth it.
That is unless their stock unit is leaking. The stock setup is dumb with the entire unit being rubber.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed CBV ,SNABB and new vac lines at same time. It took about 2hrs. I don't know why everyone on here crys about it so much.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I was reading on Matt's that CBV's are rarely in need of replacement.
I don't know the validity of this statement but that and the PIA nature of
the mod made me reconsider the upgrade.
I also have an LPT so I thought it wouldn't be as important an upgrade.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
I think that this will be the next thing I do to my car, however I am really dreading it and dont want to have to mess with the wastegate. anyone in the CT with experience doing it?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I think that this will be the next thing I do to my car, however I am really dreading it and dont want to have to mess with the wastegate. anyone in the CT with experience doing it?
Me and my buddy up here did ours. No need to remove Wastegate

1 - 20 of 28 Posts