SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking about retrofitting a rear camera to my 2014 S60 with Sensus Connect and noticed some really cheap options for the interface off Alibaba/Aliexpress, pretty much 1/3 the cost. I'm not too sure about them quality-wise though, was hoping maybe someone has had any experience with any? Basically I'm looking at the RS-6102 manufactured by Roadpassion, specifically this one: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.12.3c9b537bYAYIQs

If they work all the same (depending on camera) then I don't see why I wouldn't go with the cheapo option, but if anyone knows of any straight up issues with those, I don't mind paying extra if it's considerably more reliable.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So I've been thinking about retrofitting a rear camera to my 2014 S60 with Sensus Connect and noticed some really cheap options for the interface off Alibaba/Aliexpress, pretty much 1/3 the cost. I'm not too sure about them quality-wise though, was hoping maybe someone has had any experience with any? Basically I'm looking at the RS-6102 manufactured by Roadpassion, specifically this one: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.12.3c9b537bYAYIQs

If they work all the same (depending on camera) then I don't see why I wouldn't go with the cheapo option, but if anyone knows of any straight up issues with those, I don't mind paying extra if it's considerably more reliable.
Why not just buy the volvo rear camera kit or parts from a used volvo and install your self. You can enable it with Vdash. I did it and with my s60. Its pretty simple, just a little time consuming. I would rather have a clean oem install than a hacked chinese cheapo parts that short out after your first car wash.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why not just buy the volvo rear camera kit or parts from a used volvo and install your self. You can enable it with Vdash. I did it and with my s60. Its pretty simple, just a little time consuming. I would rather have a clean oem install than a hacked chinese cheapo parts that short out after your first car wash.
Wow, this is good to know about. It blows my mind that this car doesn't have a rear camera--I'd actually thought they were required by law by now. My driveway is treacherous and the parking sensors aren't a very good substitute for being able to see.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Wow, this is good to know about. It blows my mind that this car doesn't have a rear camera--I'd actually thought they were required by law by now. My driveway is treacherous and the parking sensors aren't a very good substitute for being able to see.
They are as of 2018.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Now that’s something I would give serious consideration to trying at that price, but the 30 unit minimum order makes it a non-starter

·
Registered
7 Posts

A reliable GPS is important, as it will help finding an optimal route, keeping your trip safe and stress-free. , and in these days it is really easy to find one. The selection of GPS system on the market is very wide, and everybody can find a good match.
https://www.autoguysland.com/best-gps-for-truckers/

Hi.

These cheap cameras turned out to be a rather reliable option.
I have something similar on wifes car, and it works just fine.
Installation was more or less plug and play (wire-wise), with a bit of hassle with phisically fitting the cam.

Just my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
No I believe the pictures for the one on Alibaba looks different, they're not the same one, the one on Alibaba looks little more High-end
One would hope so... the "bulk" version is $180, the no limit $446... I guess that's possibly a normal mark up but for me that moves it from "I'd give that a try" to "hmm, that's a bit more than I'm prepared to gamble"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did on a 2016, same part. Still working today. Came quality is better than oem.
Sorry, forgot I posted this and never got any notifications. Sounds promising, any chance you know the model of the camera you bought? And was the installation just hooking up the connectors or did you have to lay wire from the center console all the way to the trunk?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts