SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting bad ideas in my head. Has anyone tried to do a quick disconnect on the oem strut tower/engine mount bar? I'm sick of taking it on/off for every little thing on the car.

Something like this: http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Whiteline-KSB790-Strut-Tower-Brace-Quick-Release-Clamps

That one looks cheap, I wouldn't even mind a more expensive solution. I've got a bad case of medulla bad idea, the part of the car guy brain that bad ideas come from. :(

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Why do you need to continually take it off? The last time I had it off was because I was working on the CBV change (unsuccessfully) but I've changed coils, spark plugs, cover bolts, etc without removing it since.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Use bolts with pins rather that nuts... That's about all I can think of.. If you really can't be bothered otherwise..

It would be really easy too... Just drill some holes in the existing bolts to fit cotter pins.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need to continually take it off? The last time I had it off was because I was working on the CBV change (unsuccessfully) but I've changed coils, spark plugs, cover bolts, etc without removing it since.
I ok mine off for all of those. Now I have an adjustable bov (synchronic ) that I've been trying to tune. That is buried with the thing on. My vvt adjusters are leaking from the gasket, and I think I may resilicone the valve cover and powder coat it.

Dr brutal has the right idea.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Sorry to hear man. DrBrutal idea is good for a solid and quick fix.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Just make sure you get the clearances really tight so you don't get rattles. I mean REALLY tight. Can get cotter pins at local hardware stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts