SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Volvo of Boston sent me the wrong exhaust. They sent me a t5 exhaust I am pretty sure because there is only one inlet on the beginning of the catback instead of a y pipe.. the part number is 31454587.. All Volvo websites label the T6 and T5 there on the website under one part number. I have to spend $$ to ship this back and the dealer doesn't have any clue what the t6 exhaust part# is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
When checking the part number for my 2016 XC60 T6 Drive-E R-Design Platinum, bases on my VIN I was told the part number for the Polestar Exhaust was 31664126. Not sure if it fits the 3.0L T6.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When checking the part number for my 2016 XC60 T6 Drive-E R-Design Platinum, bases on my VIN I was told the part number for the Polestar Exhaust was 31664126. Not sure if it fits the 3.0L T6.

Hope it helps.
Thanks! Can you tell me if your downpipe has a Y to the catback, or is it just one pipe? On the t6 3.0, the end of the downpipe is a y pipe.. The t5 they sent me doesn't have a y pipe to connect to the Downpipe, only one single pipe.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20190608_122749.jpg

This is what I'm taking about, the Y in my downpipe.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to reach out directly to Polestar to confirm this. The same thing came up on the volvo webstores. Fits 2.0, 2.5t5 3.0t6

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THanks @CTXC60RD. That is the correct part # for a T6 3.0. Hopefully this can be corrected by the end of the week. I guess I will be making a road trip to Boston!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
For anyone looking for this exhaust. Here are the differences between the t5 fwd and t6 3.0 or even the 2.0 t6 e drive... The T5 is completely different.

Here is the correct part for the t6 3.0 AWD and T6 2.0 E Drive- P/N 31664126 http://secure.autopartspeople.com/v...mance Exhaust - Installation Instructions.pdf

For people seeking the T5 FWD exhaust, your part number is here- P/N 31454587.. the inlet to this exhaust is one pipe, not a y pipe and the pipe routing differs from the awd models.

I might as well provide this information as I have had nothing but a serious headache with the parts rep and sourcing the correct part. The Volvo catalog for polestar parts is very vague and unfortunately Volvo parts reps have no understanding of them. Thanks to this forum and all of you helpful members out there. I really appreciate the informative responses.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
31664125 This is the part number for T6 AWD 3.0 and T6 Drive E 2.0 in stone black (Gloss Black Diffuser)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the Full Polestar active bi-mode exhaust system on my XC60.
No issues but the XC has no harness for the control flaps, so mine are set open all the time :thumbup:

Cold starts are the best!
Sounds good man! This kit did have a resonator at the y pipe which I thought was kinda strange. It's getting installed now. I hope it sounds good for the 400 mile trip back home!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts