SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Is this adjustment and 2 free for the 2015.5 only or for the 2015 also. We bought a new 2015 a couple of months ago and while I have the Polestar cert. there is nothing said about coming in for an adjustment. Thanks

Larry
There is no 2015 in USA as far as I know (only 2015.5), but others who can confirm will say.

The tool is for do-it-yourself adjusting. Free adjustments from the dealer vary (from zero to whatever) and are negotiated.

This tool lets someone do their own adjustments on the rear without taking the car to a shop and put on a hoist. The fronts are already accessible to a reasonably handy person.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh yes there is a 2015 in the USA, my wife is driving one. It is really the same as the 2015.5 except for updated Sensus and Apps type stuff. I will have to ask my dealer about adjustments but I doubt they know anything about it. Thanks.
Larry

·
Registered
950 Posts
Just had a look at those lashing rings... I have no idea how to get them off. I dont see any screws or so. Are they just like "clipped on" (dont know what the right word is for in english...)??

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh yes there is a 2015 in the USA, my wife is driving one. It is really the same as the 2015.5 except for updated Sensus and Apps type stuff. I will have to ask my dealer about adjustments but I doubt they know anything about it. Thanks.
Larry
Off-topic and sorry, but are the 2015's and 2015.5's all part of the same numbered series (80 and 40)? That's pretty strange if so.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just had a look at those lashing rings... I have no idea how to get them off. I dont see any screws or so. Are they just like "clipped on" (dont know what the right word is for in english...)??
This link has instructions on how to remove the cover and bolt holding them on, but not how to remove them from the side panel. Look at steps 57 and 58. I tried to remove them a few days ago, but couldn't find an easy way to get them off of the panel, granted I only poked around for a couple of minutes. The instructions that come with the tool should show how to get them all the way off.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en.../Document/VCC-431414-10/2015/T6 AWD/Automatic

·
Registered
404 Posts
It looks like there is another tool necessery to remove them (according to the pictures)
I was able to use a small flat head screw driver in place of the tool noted in those instructions.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Removing the cover and the bolt was easy, it just took a few seconds. I couldn't figure out how to remove it from the side panel though. I tried pulling on it to get it off, but it wouldn't move. There is probably a tab or two that needs to be pressed with a small screw driver, or some other tool similar to the one noted in the link, to separate it from the side panel.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just got my adjustment tool.
To remove it from the side panel, you need to clip it out on the top with a wide screwdriver. (Similar like removing the cover before removing the bolt) In the picture it shows some flat plastictool to do it. But I think it could be done with a wide flat screwdriver. After this is done you can see the golden adjustment knob of the damper.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just got my adjustment tool.
To remove it from the side panel, you need to clip it out on the top with a wide screwdriver. (Similar like removing the cover before removing the bolt) In the picture it shows some flat plastictool to do it. But I think it could be done with a wide flat screwdriver. After this is done you can see the golden adjustment knob of the damper.
And is it less hassle than just putting the car on a hoist? I guess it would be handy for times when you are visiting the 'Ring (or another track for those of us in deprived territories) and want to make a quick adjustment for that purpose and then change it back when you're done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I asked Volvo USA about free adjustments and they passed the buck, quickly, to my dealer. I asked the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about, asking me to bring the car in so they could plug it in to VIDA. I said this is a mechanical adjustment and if your tech doesn't know about it, I am reluctant to let him play around. I gave them this thread and I will see if I hear anything, but it would be nice to soften it up a bit, for my wife.
Larry

·
Registered
950 Posts
The instruction looks easy and the tool seems like it is made of good quality.

The problem with the V60 is, that without the tool, you need to release the damper and for this you need to put the car on a lift, removing the wheel and so on. So with the tool, it is way better and faster.
When I am visiting the ring, I just leave the lashing rings off, so there is a small hole left in the side panel. So the adjustment will be done in 1 minute. I dont need these lashing rings anyway. Cant wait to hit the ring!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I asked Volvo USA about free adjustments and they passed the buck, quickly, to my dealer. I asked the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about, asking me to bring the car in so they could plug it in to VIDA. I said this is a mechanical adjustment and if your tech doesn't know about it, I am reluctant to let him play around. I gave them this thread and I will see if I hear anything, but it would be nice to soften it up a bit, for my wife.
Larry
This is not going to lead to "free" adjustments at a dealer for a few reasons. While this eliminate having to put the car on a lift, it still require some labor. It takes the Tech about 5 minutes to remove the latches (according to the Tech at the Service center I use) and probably another 5-10 minutes to make the adjustments. Once any adjustments like this are made to a vehicle, it then needs to be road tested. All in all, this is taking a bare minimum of 30 minutes of the Techs time. The Tech's time is not free.

Each P* came with at least 2 Complimentary adjustments, with some people getting promises of more, so take advantage of those.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The instruction looks easy and the tool seems like it is made of good quality.

The problem with the V60 is, that without the tool, you need to release the damper and for this you need to put the car on a lift, removing the wheel and so on. So with the tool, it is way better and faster.
When I am visiting the ring, I just leave the lashing rings off, so there is a small hole left in the side panel. So the adjustment will be done in 1 minute. I dont need these lashing rings anyway. Cant wait to hit the ring!
The wheels don't come off when you remove the damper fyi.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yes they do (at least this is what the instructions say) The instructions also show the adjustment without the tool. You need to release the damper... How can you release the damper with the wheel on??

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yes they do (at least this is what the instructions say) The instructions also show the adjustment without the tool. You need to release the damper... How can you release the damper with the wheel on??
I watched it happen. He put the car on the lift. Put some type of brace on the rear and was able to drop down the rear suspension with the rear wheels staying on. The dampers were the only pieces that came out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am shooting for the two free adjustments, but the Tech did not even know the dampers were adjustable. so, I am using this thread to try some education first.
Larry

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I am shooting for the two free adjustments, but the Tech did not even know the dampers were adjustable. so, I am using this thread to try some education first.
Larry
Are you going to a Polestar Certified Dealer? Only the Certified dealers will be able to do the adjustments. We have many Volvo dealers in our area but only 3 of them can work on the P*'s.

61 - 80 of 195 Posts