SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that the P1800 trunk button is very easy to use on the Amazon, and I think it will potentially make the car much cleaner looking in the rear.. All you have to do is drill a hole for the P1800 button body to fall into, and the mechanicals of the P1800 button will actually work the Amazon trunk release, with no Mods..

I am also working on installing the license plate into the bumper, but I have to do a bit of contouring and tweeking still.. I am not set on it yet, but I think it all could potentially work out. I will also be removing the bumper guards, and plan on welding the bumper up, to make it a one piece bumper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went with a race car bonnet strap. I like the smoothed out look, but that latch looks a little lonely out there.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I went with a race car bonnet strap. I like the smoothed out look, but that latch looks a little lonely out there.
It does stick out a bit, with none of the additional rear pieces on it, so hear are a few pics with everything on in.. I will be getting rid of the bumper guards, and the tail light bezels will be body color.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I like that better than shaving the trunk completely. I used to be a fan of shaving all the chrome and what-not, but these days I want the trim to all stay original.

Would it be too much trouble for you to hit the trunk with primer to look more finished? So it doesn't have the rectangle adding lines? Just for curiosity's sake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ha! That's a Berkeley, CA parking sticker on that car's rear bumper! Robert, is this the one you were advertising on ebay recently? Looks like the same color, and an automatic as well.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ha! That's a Berkeley, CA parking sticker on that car's rear bumper! Robert, is this the one you were advertising on ebay recently? Looks like the same color, and an automatic as well.
No, this isnt that car, it is the Volvo X build car that I started some time ago.. I am about to have it on the road for the performance trials, and I am trying to get the body prepped for a full body wrap, instead of paint.

Here is the car that was listed on Ebay.. It is a 39,000 mile original car, and since it didnt sell, it looks like it will be used for comparison against Volvo X in the upcoming performance trials.. LOL

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that better than shaving the trunk completely. I used to be a fan of shaving all the chrome and what-not, but these days I want the trim to all stay original.

Would it be too much trouble for you to hit the trunk with primer to look more finished? So it doesn't have the rectangle adding lines? Just for curiosity's sake.
I will agree with you about the completely shaved trunk, and I will post some updates when we get to the primer stage..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts