SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (mkaresh)

On order. Maple Red w/beige interior, Climate package and the wood center console. In port inventory so hope to have it sometime in April.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Mine is on order, expected approximately mid-May. Have to make the final buy vs. lease decision when I pay for it. Savile Grey w/2-tone beige/espresso interior, Dynaudio, all the safety warning gizmos, no Climate pkg since it doesn't really apply in S. Arizona. This is the first new car I've bought in almost 30 years!

Modified by jhalbert at 9:54 PM 6-4-2009

·
Registered
4,044 Posts

I'm seriously thinking to do the OSD program. It would replace my MY2003 XC70. We don't like the new XC70 but this XC60 suites us very well.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (barrysharp)

Quote, originally posted by barrysharp »
I'm seriously thinking to do the OSD program. It would replace my MY2003 XC70. We don't like the new XC70 but this XC60 suites us very well.

It's funny how I find myself thinking the same thing...yet I am not a fan of SUV's. I already have one by necessity (former work life) and don't really wish to add another.

There aren't many choices for station wagons / hatchbacks that can carry a family of 3 / 4 and a bunch of crap on an overnight trip.

Let me rephrase that....there aren't many choices that still retain a modicum of sportiness and entertainment.

Modified by Needsdecaf at 12:36 PM 3-31-2009

·
Registered
140 Posts

When they come to the used market I am buying one....thats the only way ill be able to get into one by myself

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (rossmelvin)

Quote, originally posted by rossmelvin »
When they come to the used market I am buying one....thats the only way ill be able to get into one by myself

Base price through OSD is $34,410...not sure if thats where you want to be, but its close to 3 grand cheaper than just buying off the lot. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
There aren't many choices for station wagons / hatchbacks that can carry a family of 3 / 4 and a bunch of crap on an overnight trip.

Let me rephrase that....there aren't many choices that still retain a modicum of sportiness and entertainment.

I agree 100%.

There are lots of choices in Europe.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (Munin)

Quote, originally posted by Munin »

I agree 100%.

There are lots of choices in Europe.

Yes, Mini MPV's and hatches aren't popular in the US. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

Don't need a minivan. Just not planning on taking that much stuff. Those things are cavernous.

Most SUV's are a total waste of space. The one I own I think tends toward smart space usage.

XC60 is a good size. If they dropped the thing and turned it into a non-off roader, I'd love it. Sort of like a Volvo Venza (even that has too much clearance, though).

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts

I like the Venza a lot. Not a rocket at all, but the seats are very comfy thanks to wide cushions. It really doesn't feel much like the usual plain jane japanese car either. More "Lexusish." Of course, they seemed to have priced it accordingly..

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (nobbe3728)

Quote, originally posted by nobbe3728 »
I like the Venza a lot. Not a rocket at all, but the seats are very comfy thanks to wide cushions. It really doesn't feel much like the usual plain jane japanese car either. More "Lexusish." Of course, they seemed to have priced it accordingly..

Front reminds me of a Japanese take on the current Lincoln Grille. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

No matter how competent the car is, I could not get past that. More importantly, neither can the wife!

Also, I find Toyota interiors on the whole to be uninspiring. I like Honda's approaches better (current Civic excluded).

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts

Also, I find Toyota interiors on the whole to be uninspiring. I like Honda's approaches better (current Civic excluded).

Yeah, I'm sure the grille will be the first update to it..just like the rest of their lineup.

There are only a handful of cars that I actually like the interiors in... I mentioned in another thread I drove a 135 this morning and I like the exterior, but ugh... I miss the old BMW interiors. I really liked the XC60s...for some reason it reminds me a bit of the newer Audis the way the center stack is positioned towards the driver.

Actually the only interiors I really like are the Porsche car interiors...pretty much the same from Boxster to 911. Simple, functional, not over the top unless you pay for "exclusive" options.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Front reminds me of a Japanese take on the current Lincoln Grille. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

More like a copy of the Ford Edge.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (jhalbert)

jhalbert, were you at the from Sweden w/ lov event at Volvo of Tucson? and if so, is that where you placed your order and got the free Sirius, etc? will you be the first one in Tucson to have an XC60?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (855turbo95)

Quote, originally posted by 855turbo95 »
jhalbert, were you at the from Sweden w/ lov event at Volvo of Tucson? and if so, is that where you placed your order and got the free Sirius, etc? will you be the first one in Tucson to have an XC60?

Yes I was at the Tucson event - I took some photos. As far as I know the very first customer was an older gentleman who filled out the paperwork before I did. I also put down my deposit at the event, and came back about a week later with my final list of colors and options (couldn't get my favorite color as I've mentioned). They told me that Volvo of Tucson had three already-started chassis slots assigned to them, and I took the second one of those, i.e. custom-configured cars. This does not count dealer stock cars that have already arrived or may be in transit.

There was a little confusion about what the event-day signup deposit really would get you. They said it would get me the $1200 Panoramic Moonroof, but that turns out to be a promotion that is USA-wide through at least today (3/31), and I suspect will continue for some time. The free Sirius subscription, I'm not really sure about. The website says you get 6 months free but the early sign-up offer was lifetime or at least a few years. This does not mean that you get any extra hardware - the Sirius-ready radio is already there. Finally, the sign-up sheet offered a $300 credit toward accessories; that I think was a Tucson dealer promotion and I don't know if it was event-day only. I asked about it just for logistical details and it wasn't a well-known thing among the staff.

If you buy an XC60 model off the lot, you will have yours before the ones that have been ordered, including mine. I haven't been there since their stock arrived. They had a loaded Terra Bronze listed, (probably the primary demonstrator) but it's not listed today; either it's sold or they pulled it off the list for now. They still list a Black Sapphire that is somewhat above the base configuration (based on price).

Send me a PM or email if you think you're interested, we could talk a little more if you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (jhalbert)

Just ordered mine a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, mine doesn't go on the production line until 22 April. It's alright though, I'll have mine soon enough. Ordered mine through Military Sales over here in Germany.

Ryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Has anyone bought an XC60? (nobbe3728)

Thank-You. The wife chose ice white. She makes all the decisions, I just get to make the payments, wash it, and put gas in it. It will definately take a little time adjusting from our Audi.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 81 Posts