SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None of the Volvo dealers in my area understand that the R has different wiper blades than the S60 does. It's a big enough difference, that the only ones any of the online parts stores or the Volvo dealerships stretch the arm out considerably. I don't want to cause more expensive repairs, just because Volvo doesn't know that they put different wiper blades on the R.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Has anyone been able to source R headlight-wiper blades? (S60R1)

Oh, thank gawd! I find it exhausting, waiting for the parts guy to come back and hand me S60 wipers with the big fat rivet in them. Too myswedishparts 2 separate shipments to realize they were sending me the only wipers they knew of, and that they are the wrong part. They actually corrected the 1st shipment by shipping the exact same, incorrect, wiper blades.

Now, how do I get ahold of John without calling him out in a post for this sole purpose.... I'll try the IM technologieses.

Thanks for the heads-up http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Has anyone been able to source R headlight-wiper blades? (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »
Now, how do I get ahold of John without calling him out in a post for this sole purpose.... I'll try the IM technologieses.

You can also try e-mail. If you find one of his posts here I think he lists his e-mail, otherwise, just use the regular part e-mail address for BVV (I think it's the same e-mail address anyway).

But in all honesty, feel free to give him a call. He'll take care of you http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Has anyone been able to source R headlight-wiper blades? (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

So that's the one with the rivet, which does not fit within the wiper arm without stretching it to near failure. Sweet.

Anybody have an R headlight wiper blade they'd like to sell? The other ones do NOT fit well.

Thanks for the replies. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

So that's the one with the rivet, which does not fit within the wiper arm without stretching it to near failure. Sweet.

Anybody have an R headlight wiper blade they'd like to sell? The other ones do NOT fit well.

Thanks for the replies. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

mmm I just happened to pick up a set from John at BVV not long ago and they fit fine.

JoeLvo - IIRC one side of the blade is slightly longer than the other side, with respect to the connection point for the arm. Make sure the blade is facing the right direction - this may solve your problem. They fit fine on mine and no different than the originals.

EDIT - I do remember the rivet was a tad longer, but it did fit...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I didnt even bother searching for the wipers, I had an old wiper from my Golf and just cut 2 pieces the same lenght as original volvo ones and reused the metal wiper blade and tightened it with pliers. They work great.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: (s140s)

Quote, originally posted by s140s »
I didnt even bother searching for the wipers, I had an old wiper from my Golf and just cut 2 pieces the same lenght as original volvo ones and reused the metal wiper blade and tightened it with pliers. They work great.

Good call. I just did a "by eye" measurement of our stock wipers and the headlight wipers and it looks like you may be able to fit a trimmed stock wind shield wiper into the headlight arm. Might be worth a try if you are replacing your wind shield wipers on an '04. (different design on the '05+ Rs).

·
Registered
852 Posts

So that's the one with the rivet, which does not fit within the wiper arm without stretching it to near failure....

...but there isn't an R-specific headlight wiper arm either.

John

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Has anyone been able to source R headlight-wiper blades? (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

That is strange then, John. Perhapsi'll give it another go with the replacement wipers with the rivets and try them both ways (long side out& then long side in). Honestly, the last time i tried to fit them the clips felt like they were about to break.

Also, great ideas wrt simply refilling the blade holder with a pieceof blade material from another wiper. But i dont have either part atm. I'll be ordering the set shortly.

Thanks all http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.